Trailer: Trap

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
Neo

Trailer: Trap

Post by transformers2 »

Terrific premise and the strong possibility of it all going sideways. We could be looking at a new Shyamalan classic folks.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Trailer: Trap

Post by Buscemi2 »

Well, I think I already figured out the twist, making it another movie I don't need to see as the trailer showed everything.

Edit: I was reading the Reddit thread on this and they came up with an even dumber twist: the daughter is the killer. Meanwhile, Shyamalan himself is saying there is no twist this time and it's basically a disposable action film.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

I like the premise, and most of all I like seeing Hartnett as the lead, not because I'm a fan, but because it makes me feel like I'm 20 again :lol:
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Wow, I know there's suspension of disbelief, but this is the least convincing premise I've heard in a long time.

Cops know there's a killer on the loose and lure him into a concert venue full of thousands of girl so they can catch him in the act. Right....

It makes Rebel Moon look like a Ken Loach film. But what should we expect from the master of terrible ideas.

The only way this film does turn out to be an idiot-fest is if the father is the killer and a lot of this is happening in his imagination.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

The father obviously is the killer, from the last part of the trailer, right ? I mean I understand it that way. I hope it's not supposed to be a twist 75 minutes into the film but more likely at the end of the first act, or else...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Yes, actually that is true. But the polic tactic still makes no sense. And why on earth would they tell the merch staff????

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

At this point, just don't question anything Warner Bros. does. Things haven't made sense there ever since they let the trolls win by making the Snydercut happen.

We'll save a lot of time and energy by just moving on and ignoring the Zaslavbros.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

What depressing ass corner of the internet are you hanging around in where there's David Zaslav fanboys :lol:

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Pretty much anyone who's Snydercut defends Zaslav for listening to their every whim. Indiewire wrote a puff piece a while back which called Zaslav Paramount's savior (obviously, this didn't happen as anyone who's looked at Warner Bros.' debtload would know that proposed merger was nothing but talk). The people who supported the shelving of Batgirl defend Zaslav. I've gotten downvotes on Reddit for criticizing Zaslav over his Paramount plans. And anyone still holding onto one of Warner Bros.' franchise in hope things will come together are going to have toxic positivity towards Zaslav because they saw his continued push for DC.

And now that I think about it, you defended Zaslav for shelving Coyote vs. ACME because it meant getting Paul Thomas Anderson's new film (which only came to them because Sony put it into turnaround) and a first-look deal with Tom Cruise (which is just that and could easily mean nothing gets produced in this agreement).

In a way, we're all kind of silently supporting Zaslav because I can't think any major attempts to force him out as head of Warner Bros. Discovery. Instead, the Internet is all about how Disney and Netflix are dying despite having very little proof while they pretend Justice League and The Flash aren't some of the money losers ever. No one is really criticizing Warner Bros. and if they are, it's falling on deaf ears. And it's all because a vocal minority of people got their bloated four-hour director's cut of a movie that didn't work the first time.

Snydercut is basically Gamergate but for film: the trolls got fed and now they can get away with anything they want. And we let them.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

I would never even consider defending David Zaslav. He's the biggest anti-art bozo CEO in Hollywood right now. I simply stated that there were several high-profile creatives who clearly weren't bothered by WB's shelving of finished films for tax breaks since they signed on to do movies with them since they adopted that practice.