Trailer: Alien: Romulus

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
Neo

Trailer: Alien: Romulus

Post by transformers2 »

Effective teaser!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Trailer: Alien: Romulus

Post by Buscemi2 »

As expected from Fede Alvarez and post-Gladiator Ridley Scott, it looks like more violence and gore than scares.

Give Alien a rest, Disney! This isn't going to be for the series what Prey was for Predator or Rise of the Planet of the Apes was for that franchise.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

There's plenty of interesting directions to take the franchise, but instead this is more of the same. Pure fan-fiction. A crew on a ship terrorised by an Alien, with a strong female lead? Think I've seen that before somewhere.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

It was doomed as soon as Fede Alvarez was hired to direct. His post-Don't Breathe track record as a director and producer might one of the worst for any working filmmaker right now.

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

So far it kind of looks like a retelling of the original, still hoping we'll finally get a really good Alien movie after decades. I'd have less faith in it if present day Ridley Scott was directing.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Scott is one of the producers so he more than likely had a lot of say in this one.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Buscemi2 wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 2:50 pm
It was doomed as soon as Fede Alvarez was hired to direct. His post-Don't Breathe track record as a director and producer might one of the worst for any working filmmaker right now.
Yes, it's poor, but the list isn't long enough to write him off entirely. I'll do that after I reluctantly go to see Romulus in the cinema is desperate hope that it won't be awful.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

When it has The Girl in the Spider's Web (director), Chaos Walking (uncredited reshoots), Don't Breathe 2 (producer), and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (producer), that's enough to put a director in the same class as the guy who did Imaginary or the director of seemingly every Conjuring movie since 2019.

In addition, he worked on the scripts of all those movies except for Chaos Walking. Alvarez co-wrote this one as well with Don't Breathe 2's director in tow.