Trailer: Madame Web

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Trailer: Madame Web

Post by StarLord123 »

My expectations weren't exactly high but holy shit. This is like if The Asylum tried to make a comic book movie. It makes The Marvels look like Shawshank in comparison.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Trailer: Madame Web

Post by Buscemi2 »

It looks like a glorified TV pilot, which shouldn't come as a surprise since the director did a number of Jessica Jones episodes and outside of Johnson, who seems to be here solely for a paycheck, the cast is mainly TV-based.

And it's interesting how even though Sony is hyping this as Sydney Sweeney's breakout role, she's hardly in the trailer.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Sydney Sweeney has already had her breakout role in Euphoria. She's a special talent that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

As for this shit, it's really cool that Sony is bringing back the 2000's superhero movies! Every generation deserves their own Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Euphoria's already in decline and the next season won't arrive until 2025 which by then, many will have probably forgotten about it. And Sam Levinson's non-Euphoria projects have left a lot to be desired. I'm sure people only watch Euphoria for Zendaya and don't care about anyone else on the show, kind of like how before Five Nights at Freddy's, you weren't seeing people watching things with Josh Hutcherson because he was in The Hunger Games or how the Twilight movies didn't have any major breakouts outside of Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart (Anna Kendrick is a maybe but her career's been in decline since Pitch Perfect 3).

And if Sweeney isn't going away, how come only Sony is giving her projects, a lot of which she admitted to only taking because of the paycheck? She's nothing more than the new Alexandra Daddario, especially if both this and Anyone but You flop and the Barbarella reboot gets shelved.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

transformers2 wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 4:57 pm
Sydney Sweeney has already had her breakout role in Euphoria. She's a special talent that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

As for this shit, it's really cool that Sony is bringing back the 2000's superhero movies! Every generation deserves their own Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
This looks more like the Elektra of this generation. Perhaps it's because I have a special place in my heart to hate Dakota Johnson, the worst actress to grace our screens since... Madonna?

As a casual watcher of MCU and DCU films, I've also no idea where this fits. Is this a Spiderman movie? An alternative universe where he's evil? I finished the trailer confused. And bored.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I've seen worse than Dakota Johnson. Remember that Kim Kardashian appeared in two widely-released films. Dakota at least knows not to look at the camera in every shot.

As for where Madame Web fits, it's part of the Sinister Six Universe Sony keeps trying to make happen. But for every Venom, which has been acknowledged to be part of the MCU by Kevin Feige himself, there's a Morbius.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Buscemi2 wrote:
November 15th, 2023, 5:06 pm
Euphoria's already in decline and the next season won't arrive until 2025 which by then, many will have probably forgotten about it. And Sam Levinson's non-Euphoria projects have left a lot to be desired. I'm sure people only watch Euphoria for Zendaya and don't care about anyone else on the show, kind of like how before Five Nights at Freddy's, you weren't seeing people watching things with Josh Hutcherson because he was in The Hunger Games or how the Twilight movies didn't have any major breakouts outside of Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart (Anna Kendrick is a maybe but her career's been in decline since Pitch Perfect 3).

And if Sweeney isn't going away, how come only Sony is giving her projects, a lot of which she admitted to only taking because of the paycheck? She's nothing more than the new Alexandra Daddario, especially if both this and Anyone but You flop and the Barbarella reboot gets shelved.
That's not even close to being the case. She's part of the ensemble for Ron Howard's new thriller Eden-which starts shooting imminently, is the co-lead in the new Michael Pearce project Echo Valley for Apple and has a couple of indies with no distribution (crime drama Americana-which got great reviews at SXSW in March and a psychological horror title called Immaculate) in the can. On top of that, she earned raves for Reality earlier this year-so yeah I have no problem doubling down on my statement that she's been booked non-stop in projects of all sizes for the past 2 years and it would be quite the upset if the work started to dry up for her anytime soon-regardless of how Anyone but You and Madame Web perform.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Who actually watched Reality? It didn't make much of an impression on HBO and the international theatrical numbers weren't that great (only $1.2 million worldwide, suggesting only a fraction of Euphoria even cared to see it).

What I'm saying is that Sony is betting on the wrong star. Lots of people flock to see a movie with the star of a TV show or a big film franchise. Few care to watch the supporting cast in a lead role. Sydney Sweeney is not Zendaya and never will be.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

He was in the Amazon with my mom when she was researching spiders right before she died.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I just found out this is from the same writers as Morbius.