Trailer : The Holdovers

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Trailer : The Holdovers

Post by Chienfantome »

Even though it shows a bit too much for my own taste, that's one cool-looking trailer for a cool-looking film.

Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Trailer : The Holdovers

Post by numbersix »

I was wondering the other day why no one tried to recreate the old "in a world" trailers. So there ya go. It does make Payne's new film feel very familiar and unoriginal, but it's got to be better than his last film.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I trust Payne to be able to come out with a good film out of a generic-looking plot. His best films are those films.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

I'd say it looks like a return to form for Payne, but I haven't seen Downsizing and I'm not overly eager to change that anytime soon. Also, the production really lucked out when they chose to shoot this in Central Massachusetts a couple winters back. They got absolutely PUMMELED with snow that winter (they do most years to be fair, but January-March 2022 was particularly bad)-which I'm sure was something that the props department very much appreciated.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Downsizing was at least ambitious. This just looks like a Wes Anderson film for boomers.

And I do not miss trailer voiceovers at all. When the occasional trailer has one, it immediately takes me out of the action.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.