Trailer: Beau is Afraid

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Trailer: Beau is Afraid

Post by transformers2 »

No clue if this massive swing from Ari Aster is going to work out, but I'm very curious to see how it turns out.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Trailer: Beau is Afraid

Post by Buscemi2 »

I can't help but imagine the director's cut is going to be unbearable once it arrives.

But anyway, even in its truncated form, I'm sure this attempt at Noah Baumbach lite isn't going to work. But the A24 faithful will blindly love it.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Buscemi2 wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 5:17 pm
I can't help but imagine the director's cut is going to be unbearable once it arrives.

But anyway, even in its truncated form, I'm sure this attempt at Noah Baumbach lite isn't going to work. But the A24 faithful will blindly love it.
How did it go from a riff on Garden State to a Noah Baumbach ripoff in less than week?!?!?!?!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

The poster made it look like a Garden State clone. And when you think about it, Baumbach isn't much different from Zach Braff. The only thing is that I haven't seen Braff do is rant how about women destroyed his life when the only person he can actually blame is himself for two and a half hours yet.

But my point still stands. It looks cliche and more like the forgettable comedies we see at festivals every year hoping to get eight-figure distribution deals but are immediately forgotten instead of the next great horror film that many were surely hoping for.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.