Trailer: Don't Worry Darling

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Trailer: Don't Worry Darling

Post by transformers2 »

Pretty confident this is going to be a hit.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Re: Trailer: Don't Worry Darling

Post by Screen203 »

Looks a bit different than I expected, but I really liked Booksmart and the utter lack of thrillers (they are finally making somewhat of a comeback in theaters with Watcher - although that is arguably more of a horror film, Where The Crawdads Sing, and this) in the marketplace means I am curious to learn more about it.

I'm not sure of it's commercial potential, though. I have a feeling it will be a lot artsier than the trailer makes it out to be, and I could see it dividing audiences. Still, it will probably open big (20 m+) fir the cast alone.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I saw the trailer for this and Amsterdam on the same trailer reel last night and I think I've found the two biggest try-hards in terms of this year's crop of awards bait films. Amsterdam looks like your typical David O. Russell "it's all about me" nonsense where we're supposed to ignore his past even though all his characters are himself in different forms while this looks like an overly-serious remake of The Stepford Wives. Also, the trailer looks like the entire movie in two minutes.

As for box office, Booksmart flopped. I don't think this will do any better.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I disagree. It looks great and I think it'll overperform during a particularly weak Sept

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

I imagine this will do much better than Booksmart (which was released in a very crowded market), at the very least. It has a lot of buzz, even three months away from release, and features one of the biggest names in music right now. I doubt much other than Bullet Train is going to make any money in between the 5th and when this releases (right now, Easter Sunday, Beast, The Woman King, and maybe Barbarian and/or The Invitation are the only releases that I think will do 30 m or more) - although afterwards it faces a lot of competition. Unless reviews are awful, 25 m at the very least should be achievable for OW, though as I said earlier, I do believe this will not be a super mainstream film, and legs could suffer for that.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/