Trailer: The Imitation Game

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Trailer: The Imitation Game

Post by JohnErle »

Looks good to me.

Interestingly, there's no mention of how his life ended, which was what I thought the focus of the movie was going to be. The emphasis here is entirely on the war years, which is a story I've seen before, but based on this trailer I won't mind seeing it again.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Re: Trailer: The Imitation Game

Post by Chienfantome »

It looks classical, but tempting.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

You say classical as if it's a bad thing. For a story like this it seems like the right approach.

And not to be outdone, Harvey Weinstein releases the American trailer, with extra melodrama and a hint at Turing's personal troubles, but still with the focus on beating the Enigma machine.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

It's not necessarily a bad thing. There are lots of films that are "classical" in their approach that I genuinely love. But it takes a lot of talent to make a film in a classical approach without making it feel predictable and unengaging. But when done well it can be very good. So I don't mean it as a bad thing, but rather as a sign of caution, or suspiciousness. But as I said, I'm definitely tempted.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

It looks good, but now i feel like i've seen the whole thing. I hate trailers that do that.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I'm sold. A really interesting story I know little of. I think Benedict is making a mistake by playing yet another highly intelligent yet socially awkward character, but happy to see him pull it off in this context.

BrocksterDuex
Nick Naylor

Post by BrocksterDuex »

I drafted this in our full year league...I hope it breaks out!