Zach Snyder To Direct Superman Reboot (Superman Now Cast)

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Zach Snyder To Direct Superman Reboot (Superman Now Cast)

Post by Buscemi »

I guess Warner Bros. was impressed with Legend Of The Guardians (even if the box office was a disappointment).

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack-sn ... -superman/
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Zach Snyder To Direct Christopher Nolan's Superman Reboot

Post by silversurfer19 »

Interesting choice. Blending Goyer and Jonah Nolan's writing with Snyder obvious flair for action sequences could work, and with Chris Nolan still overseeing we should at least expect something of decent quality. I think where Snyder has 'failed' recently has been in providing a decent script to back up his stylistic intentions, in that while he can obviously stick to an original story (as he has proved he is very capable of doing with all of his movies), he has sometimes not been able to translate that in the script. With the team behind him that hurdle should be overcome.

One intriguing thing though, didn't Snyder only recently claim that he didn't know what to do with the Superman character and that he couldn't relate to him or something? Maybe it was just a smokescreen...

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Or maybe he decided that Xerxes (the movie that he was supposedly working on) was a movie that no one wants to see.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

I have yet to be a fan of anything Snyder has done, but as I never was a fan of Superman in the first place, I don't really mind. This is one of the least interesting superhero there is, and Snyder is so much style over substance, I doubt I'll like his Superman...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

delfinasu
Al Czervick

Post by delfinasu »

Wachowski brothers would made a better Superman. Just re-watch Matrix Reloaded and you'll know what I mean ;)
Snyder's version will be also with a lot of slo-mo action, but heartless... Maybe Goyer's script will have a heart...
I loved Donner's Superman (1 and 2, especially the first one), so I'm interesting in seeing this new rebooted version as well, BUT it has to be something like Batman Begins to like it...
I'm anxious also about the new actors - "Sup" Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Gen. Zod (if it will be confirmed as the (main) villain).
Some bets?

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The Wachowskis would make a terrible Superman movie. In fact, they haven't directed anything good since the first Matrix (V For Vendetta was directed by James McTeigue, the Wachowskis only produced so it doesn't count).

Anyways, I've seen rumors that Jon Hamm is being considered (possibly to make up for his Captain America rejection). From seeing Jon Hamm in The Town, he does have a resemblance to Clark Kent.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Yeah, I think the Wachowskis are just as shallow as Snyder.

Jon Hamm would be a good Superman, I have to admit. A tad too old perhaps?

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Snyder is a great choice for a new Superman. Superman Returns was boring and bland, it was a chore to get through it.

Snyder will bring the style and Nolan will bring a great script. It's a great match.

And I'm cool with Routh coming back as he wasn't the problem in Returns - and I don't know if she's too young, but I'd love Olivia Thirlby as Lois Lane.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Olivia Thirlby probably wouldn't take the role if offered. She's already attached to the Judge Dredd reboot with Karl Urban.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think she may be a little young also, especially so if they do go with Jon Hamm. I'd also be fine with Routh coming back though, but I doubt it'd happen now, the franchise was pretty much trashed after Returns, and he was an unfortunate casualty of it.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Brandon Routh was such an awful Superman, Superman Returns was pretty damn awful in my opinion. Moving on to this, I love that the studio picked Zack Snyder. Snyder is extremely creative and when it comes to action sequences, few do it better. He is a great choice for this and hopefully he can reboot the Superman franchise. I also like the idea of Jon Hamm as Superman, I think he would do a fantastic job.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The latest news on the reboot: Hans Zimmer was reported to be scoring the film, only to debunk the rumors a few days ago. Thank God. Hans Zimmer and his minions at Remote Control always have the same-sounding scores (not the mention that they always have eight or nine people working on the score* while crediting only one and the fact that Zimmer has been ripping off Ennio Morricone wholesale lately).

My choice to score Superman: David Hirschfelder. He's worked with Zach Snyder before and this was the result.

Tell me that you can't imagine Superman with that score (outside of John Williams, of course).

*- This got them into trouble with the Academy over The Dark Knight as the score was disqualified for having too many composers on the session sheets.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Henry Cavill has been cast as Superman.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/henry-c ... -superman/

Also, a date of December 2012 has been announced.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Re: Zach Snyder To Direct Superman Reboot (Superman Now Cast)

Post by Brockster »

Cavill was great it The Tutors, should be interesting to see how this works. I also find it funny that a lot of our super heroes are now being played by foreign actors...I don't mind, just find it interesting.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Zach Snyder To Direct Superman Reboot (Superman Now Cast)

Post by silversurfer19 »

Technically Superman is an alien and a creation of a combination of an American and a Canadian, but it is funny seeing a lot of Americans crying out over 'their' heroes being played by foreigners. I actually have no idea who the guy is, never watched The Tudors, but I think he looks the part. Be interesting to see how it works out.