Best of 2022 So Far

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: Best of 2022 So Far

Post by transformers2 »

Chienfantome wrote:
January 1st, 2023, 3:17 pm
The long wait between the release in the US and Europe may sometimes seem wild today, but honestly it's nothing compared to what it used to be before the age of Internet, which left no choice to distribs but to release the films sooner because of piracy. But I remeber in the 90's, it was all too common to have to wait months to get even the blockbusters that today are always released day-and-date everywhere in the world, at least in the West.
I remember The Phantom Menace was released in France in October 99, a full 5 months after the US. The wait was killing.
Probably the only thing worse than wait was the disappointment that set in when you actually got to see it.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

The Phantom Menace hate is way overblown. It was neither the biggest disappointment of 1999 (Wild Wild West and The Blair Witch Project disappointed more) nor the worst film released that weekend (The Shamwow Guy's first directorial effort came out two days later).
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Yeah, honestly, despite the flaws, I was a 17 year-old just overjoyed to finally see the new Star Wars film. At that time, I was still somehow blown away.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Finally seen enough stuff to feel comfortable posting a list.

Still need to see: Triangle of Sadness, All Quiet on the Western Front, Holy Spider, Moonage Daydream, Navalny, The Wonder, The Good Nurse, Argentina, 1985, Close, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Devotion, Athena, Hit the Road, The Pale Blue Eye, Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, All the Beauty and the Bloodshed, Broker, Resurrection, Something in the Dirt, Descendant, Alice, Darling, The Son, Anything that was released on Apple TV+

1.The Batman
2.Nope
3.The Banshees of Inisherin
4.Glass Onion
5.Ambulance
6.Jackass Forever
7.Vengeance
8.Emergency
9.Scream
10.X
11.Everything Everywhere All at Once
12.Watcher
13.Emily the Criminal
14.Pleasure
15.Smile
16.The Black Phone
17.Babylon
18.Bodies Bodies Bodies
19.Look at Me: XXXTENTACION
20.Men
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I saw Pleasure on Showtime and personally found it a ridiculously vapid imitation of far better films like Midnight Cowboy. It's hard to be interested by the events when you're not given any reason to like its one-dimensional characters. It's also disappointingly tame for something that shocked viewers at Sundance.

I saw that the director is planning a project for DC, which given how empty Pleasure was, probably makes her the dream director for Warner Bros. to adapt a DC character.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.