Rate That Movie 2!: Electric Boogaloo

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: Rate That Movie 2!: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Geezer »

Saw No Strings Attached today. Really enjoyed it. Some really funny parts and some really cute parts as well. Good date movie, and Natalie Portman is God's gift to us all
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

silversurfer19 wrote:A choice of boysenberry or vanilla as they were free, went with boysenberry.
What an odd choice. You'd think it would be chocolate or vanilla, but boysenberry? I've never heard of that.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

The Eagle 6/10 - i heard some people say it was really horrible, so maybe it was from my lowered expectations, but i really enjoyed it. Everyone was top notch, except for tatum, and yet he was still better than i have seen him anywhere else. The cinematography was beautiful. I hope i get to see britian and scotland someday, (i'm guessing that's where it's filmed, i couldn't find out for sure.) I don't care waht critics say, this is definitely another Kevin MacDonald that is mostly up to par with his previous work.

want to see another film tonight, but i can't decide wether to start on the top ten lists, or to see some of the films that are nominated but i haven't seen yet. sigh.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

"Oooh, boysenberry!!"

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

So I've got What Dreams May Come at home from Netflix. Anyone seen it? Is it worth watching?

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I thought it was awful. It's a good concept but it fails miserably in the execution. Some people like it though.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

isn't that the one with Robin Williams? Honestly don't remember much of it, but i think i liked it. only like, though

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I had seen What Dreams May Come in theater, but it was a long time ago. It was quite a strange film, between the fascination of the odd and the ugliness of approximation. Strange film.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:So I've got What Dreams May Come at home from Netflix. Anyone seen it? Is it worth watching?
I love the movie, it is very reminiscent of Dante's Inferno (classic literature). It was in my top 100 films, and I used it in the movie stills guessing game before as its pretty visually stunning. Frankly not sure how you will take it knowing your tastes, its very thought provoking.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It's a strange, twisty-turny M. Night Shalyman type film, from what I can remember, and my memory is pretty vague but I do remember liking it and being a little confused at points. Dante's Inferno is a pretty good comparison.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Hmm. Now I really can't wait to sit down and watch it.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Last night we watched Sanctum in 3D - 6/10, and it once again proved that without doubt James Cameron is the master when it comes to 3D. The visuals were absolutely astonishing, both in 3D and just the underwater shots, you really felt the claustrophobia and tension the characters were undergoing, in fact for some of the scenes you literally felt you were in the actual shot. Unfortunately, the visuals were the only outstanding aspect of the movie. The story was rather lacking, a little obvious and felt like I was watching a poor version of a cross between The Abyss and The Descent (well the earlier part of the movie before the nocturnal creatures turned up), and the characters were wafer thin and generally all unlikeable. Not that both of those aspects made the movie unwatchable, but it did lessen the impact of the initial visual treat.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son - F (for Fuck You Martin Lawrence!)

Suffice it to say, I was getting paid to watch this....and I still left halfway through.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

If anyone pays to see it, they should be kicked in the nuts as they walk through the door.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I thought Big Momma's House 2 was bad enough. And I never realized this until recently, but that was Kat Dennings as the older daughter (and Chloe Moretz was the younger daughter).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr