That Moment When...

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

redraider
Al Czervick

Re: That Moment When...

Post by redraider »

I like watching horror films on Syfy to see stars before they were stars.

- Jennifer Aniston was in the first Leprechaun movie
- Leonardo DiCaprio was in one of the Critters movies (#5, I think)

Also, both John and Joan Cusack both appear in 16 Candles

- John is one of Anthony Michael Hall's followers
- Joan is the girl on the scholl bus in a back brace

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I just found out that Michael Shannon was in Bad Boys II. And even thought I already knew this, I figured I'd also mention he was in Kangaroo Jack.

And here is Mr. Shannon at the premiere of Kangaroo Jack, apparently doing his impression of Weird Al Yankovic.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

One I found out on Cracked a while back...

Darren Aronofsky was the first assistant director on a forgotten 1996 film called Phat Beach, of which has this exchange.

"I'm one of the Fat Boys."
"Which one?"
"The fat one."

Also, Aronofsky's frequent cinematographer, Matthew Libatique, was a camera operator on the film, John Williams' son scored the film and the film's director was one of the producers of Entourage.

And another from a while back: Aaron Taylor-Johnson (formerly Aaron Johnson, until he took his wife's maiden name) played Charlie Chaplin in Shanghai Knights.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

Buscemi wrote:And another from a while back: Aaron Taylor-Johnson (formerly Aaron Johnson, until he took his wife's maiden name) played Charlie Chaplin in Shanghai Knights.
Now that's a good one !
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

More on Shannon in Groundhog Day: he's apparently in more than just his Wrestlemania line. According to an interview with David Letterman, he's also in the diner scenes (he's in the background eating an omelet). Due to the film's nature, he was on set every day despite only having a bit part (in the interview, he also talked about the time he embarrassed himself in front of Murray).

And speaking about actors in the background, Dennis Quaid was an extra in Stripes. You can't see him (he is in the crowd during the boot camp graduation sequence) but I found interesting how he got in the film (he was married to co-star P.J. Soles at the time and Quaid happened to be available one day so Ivan Reitman decided to have him be in a crowd shot one day). The same connection almost got Quaid cast in Halloween (he was to have played Lynda's boyfriend but scheduling conflicts forced him to turn down the role).