What are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or close to now. S03E01

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: What are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or close to now. S03E01

Post by Geezer »

You should send your number of posts from the other site to Barca and he will adjust your post total Burgundy. Or just post more!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

Ron Burgundy wrote: Though i am getting thru the first few episodes of.....THE PRETENDER!!! memba Jared?
That was like my favorite show of its time, that and Sliders anyway.

I too just watched Barton Fink (its been in my netflix queue for awhile and I decided to watch it instant while I was working today), I really enjoyed it as everyone else has mentioned. I loved the ending scene it was so obvious but I didn't expect it right away, which is the way it should be. 8/10
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Oh, cool, so im not alone thinking The Pretender kicks ass, Sliders i should get around to watching aswell, only ever watched a few episodes...

I mite just start from scratch geez, its actually a good idea to get me to post more!
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Funny People 8/10

As a diehard Apatow fanboy I was pretty satisfied with this one especially after all the negative reviews i had heard. It was a little long but overall it was very funny and somewhat touching.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

frendo
Marty McFly

Post by frendo »

Man, I fucking loved Funny People. I don't really understand all the hate except that a) it has more dramatic elements than Apatow's other stuff, and b) the ending is not entirely happy, but it is far more real. My fav of the year so far, and, as a fellow Apatow fanboy, I think it's the best of his work (with the possible exception of Freaks and Geeks).

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

True Romance - 10/10

Fucking loved the shit out of this movie. Can understand why everyone considers it a classic now...
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

Just watched an interesting little film called Ink. It was utterly Gaiman-esque which is what drew me in to watch it from the synopsis, very dark, a story of someone pulled from reality into another world where there is an ongoing fight between good and evil.
The writer/director managed to put the film together on his on money so regrettably it suffers from many of the failings of bad indie films, mainly *terrible* acting. That said, the story and the film itself more than make up for the bad acting throughout the film. it is yet another story of a really brilliant mind that I just can't wait to see what he would do with some money behind him.
6/10
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Recently watched two excellent movies that couldn't be more different than each other.

Blood Diamond - 9.5/10

Amazing performances from DiCaprio and Honsou, Connolly was fine but paled in comparison. A little long and I was surprised to see that it's in the Top 250 b/c I really didn't hear alot about it back in 2005.

Punch-Drunk Love - ?/10

What a weird movie. It really doesn't have an ending, and everything was very random - especially the score. But the more I think about it, the more I love it and want to show to everyone I know. It's hilarious and heart warming and touching and sad in parts, I'm really surprised Sandler signed up for it.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

You didn't know about Blood Diamond when it came out? Hmm... I saw it soon after it hit DVD and I really wasn't into films like I am now at that time.

I wasn't a fan of Punch Drunk Love. As a dramatic Sandler film, I found Reign Over Me and Spanglish much better.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Spanglish was not good. Tea Leoni was terrible, Paz Vega, Cloris Leachman and Thomas Haden Church were misused and we never know what happens to Sandler at the end. Another reason why James L. Brooks should stick to producing The Simpsons.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

I mean, I'd heard about the acting nods for DiCaprio and Hounsou but I never really heard anything about whether it was any good or not.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It was just fine to me. It was much better than Punch Drunk Love in my opinion, though Reign Over Me was easily better than both.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I THought Spanglish was pretty good, while I couldnt stand Punch Drunk Love

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

No love for Punch-Drunk Love? What gives?

Reign Over Me was fantastic, but it is totally different from PDL, imo. I haven't seen Spanglish yet, even though I own it. Maybe I'll give it a look tonight.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Liked all three (loved PDL). I think Sandler is pretty good when he isn't being Sandler.

Watched Audition finally. Ehh. Violent and creepy but who cares. I've seen more violent and more creepy. And the first 35 minutes was so f'ing slow.
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me