Online Test Screening

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Online Test Screening

Post by JohnErle »

Hey Folks,

As some of you already know, I received a grant last year to fund the production of my first short film since I was in college many years ago.

We shot it in February and now I'm ready to host an online test screening, which I'm inviting everyone here to participate in.

I know this film probably isn't the kind of thing some of you would normally watch, but I'm trying to cast as wide a net as possible. You never know who might notice something that seems obvious once it's pointed out. And Chien, some French subtitles were added yesterday by a local French speaker, so I'd be curious to know if they make sense to you as a Parisian as opposed to an Acadian frenchie. I'm already going to tell my editor that the formatting needs work because subtitles shouldn't go all the way from left to right the way they sometimes do right now.

I've provided a link to a password-protected copy of the film below. Please don't share this link or password with anyone without asking me first.

Password for the film: ‘screen’
https://vimeo.com/910255002

And here's a survey I created for people to answer after they've watched the film. The movie is about 15 minutes, and the survey should only take 5-10 minutes, depending on how thorough you are. Getting people to fill out this survey might help my editor and I as we do a final polish on the edit.

https://form.jotform.com/241245478310250

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks to anyone who's willing to help out.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Online Test Screening

Post by numbersix »

Is there a deadline on this, John?

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

No firm deadline, but I'd say end of this weekend should give people plenty of time.

Some of the Fall festivals I have my eye on have deadlines in May, so the sooner the better.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Got it, will make it a priority. Looking forward to it!

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

I'll definitely be able to check it out sometime this week, most likely on either Wednesday or Thursday. Eager to see what you cooked up.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I suppose I should add a poster and logline so you have some idea what you're about to watch. If you're expecting John Wick-style action or giant sand worms you'll be disappointed.

Caregivers (drama)
A middle-aged woman struggles with work/life balance while caring for her elderly father who stubbornly refuses to go into a nursing home.

(The poster stubbornly refuses to embed, so you'll have to follow the link for now.)

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

Sure, I'll check it out sometime today.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

Hey John !! Fantastic news Man ! Looking forward to watching it, and I'll definitely tell you about the French subtitles.
Fluctuat nec mergitur