SPEARE'S TIPS - The Films of 12/9/11

Mr. Columnist himself presents weekly analysis and tips.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Re: SPEARE'S TIPS - The Films of 12/9/11

Post by Chienfantome »

I hate kids as much as you do in a film theater Geez, but like Six, I fondly remember some films I have seen on the big screen when I was 4, 5 or 6. It's just our job to try and avoid kids showings ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Well, if I ever have a Shrykeling, he/she will learn to appreciate movies from infancy on...
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Geezer wrote:People shouldn't take 4-6 year olds to the theater. Its a waste of money. Movies are expensive and those kids aren't old enough to appreciate it. They won't even remember it when they get older. Tell the kid to watch a DVD for the 78th time. They will be just as happy.
I take my five year old to the movies and don't feel it's a waste of money. I'm the one spending it, so I'm really the only one that can say whether I'm wasting it or not. She's seen five or six so far this year, the last and favorite being The Muppets. She was a small fan of the Muppets before hand and went a second time with her grandpa and is now a super fan. She keeps talking and talking about them. She's very well behaved and besides the high pitched laughter when everyone in the theater is laughing you wouldn't know she's there.

It certainly helps that my theater has movies for five bucks during the week. It also helps that I like to see movies from PIXAR, Disney, Dreamworks, etc. This last time I taught her how to sneak candy into the theater. :)

But, I wouldn't make broad statements like that. I'll remember your grouchiness when we're watching Arthur Christmas later this week.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

My first movie was when I was one and a half (Beauty and the Beast) and I was told that I was very quiet. My second time (Thumbelina), I was disruptive and had to leave but that's because I didn't want to see it (I was more interested in seeing Brainscan because the standee looked cool becaus).

I got much better after that (even though I was disappointed that no one would see Cutthroat Island, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls or the original Star Wars movies with me and I had to wait for the video on those).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Some kids can be quiet. I remember being a very quiet kid myself in theater. Probably already was too fascinated to speak ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur