What are you playing RIGHT NOW... or close to now?

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: What are you playing RIGHT NOW... or close to now?

Post by W »

I've been playing FFVII: Remake and it is pretty good. They've changed the format to a mix of the original gameplay and Dark Souls (I think, I haven't played DS) and it plays quite well. They've done a good job expanding the first five to eight hours into forty or fifty. I believe the whole thing takes place in Midgar, which means it lacks the open world quality of most of the original. They're supposed to be doing more and this one is doing well enough I'm sure we'll get the next one.

I just got an email the the past couple days saying my The Last of Us: Part II got a new release date in mid-June so that's a nice surprise.

I've been playing more Hearthstone (like a simpler Magic: The Gathering) and I watch it and online poker on Twitch which I haven't done before I had way too much time.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Xcom Chimera Squad is all I've got time for at the moment.

Though did download and play Rogue Legacy which was great for a while but got repetitive. Also played Islanders which is great for calming down.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Franchise Mode in NHL 19 is pretty much the only thing I play on my PlayStation now. After having a dominant Vancouver Canucks franchise for the maximum 25 seasons in NHL 17, I briefly tried NHL 18 with the Quebec Nordiques but I could never get the uniforms quite right and made a few roster mistakes so gave up pretty quickly and skipped ahead to NHL 19. I created an expansion team called the Seattle Emeralds and we finally won the Stanley Cup in, I think, the 10th season. Either the game mechanics have gotten more difficult since NHL 17 or I'm just getting lazy because the team might miss the playoffs and blow a chance to repeat. I made a bunch of trades for veterans before the deadline and then whammo, my starting goalie got injured for the rest of the season. I could always go back to a previous save and avoid the injury but I think I'll play it through. I also picked up NHL 20 once the price went down because it has an all-new coaching mechanic but after toying with it a bit I haven't really played it much.

Do mobile games count, because I also play Star Trek: Timelines, but that's more of a game I only play at work or on the toilet or if there's a certain card I want to collect. When characters and spoilers from ST:Picard started making their way into the game that was another reason I figured that if I don't watch Picard now I never will.

And since I mentioned starting The Last Of Us before I'll add that I played it all the way through and really enjoyed it, so I'd be interested in the sequel.