The NFL Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Geezer »

I don't think anyone is even factoring in last week's game between the two. Everyone knows the Cardinals just laid that one down. Its just that the Packers are a better overall team and are playing lights out football, peaking at the right time, and play much better defense. Plus, they have a better road record than Arizona has at home. And Arizona is banged up. Too many things point to the Packers in this one. It won't be a blowout, but Green Bay should win.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Realistically, all four games this weekend could easily go either way. I think the biggest spread is 4.

Also, Charlie Weis is a great hire for my Chiefs. Say what you want about his head coaching abilities, but Notre Dame had a great offense while he was there and he is the offensive coordinator. A guy that helped Tom Brady become the QB he is, made Brady Quinn look good, and get Jimmy Clausen as a probable first rounder. With all the talk about Bradford in the last few posts, don't be surprised if Jimmy Clausen is not only the first QB taken, but the first player taken in the 2010 draft. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but with the question marks with Bradford and McCoy, it's definitely a possibility especially if he does well in Indianapolis... And I'm nowhere near a Notre Dame fan (all right, there's probably one in a thousand foot area, I'm in Indiana after all).
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

People in South Bend seem to be self-absored assholes. I wouldn't want to go there after seeing that Kitchen Nightmares episode where Gordon visited the area.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Boosh - I'm guessing you know even less about sports than you do about movies. Charlie Weiss is one of the best offensive minds in football regardless of what Notre Dame's record was during his career there.(And I despise both Notre Dame and the Patriots) And yes, just because the Rams blew a 3rd round draft pick on Eric Crouch back in 2002 they are doomed to screw up every draft from then on. I guess the picks of Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marc Bulger and Orlando Pace were total screw ups as well.

I'm guessing Patriots fans were pretty happy that their owner didn't pay attention to Belichik's underachieving years in Cleveland.
People in South Bend seem to be self-absored assholes. I wouldn't want to go there after seeing that Kitchen Nightmares episode where Gordon visited the area.
If you're going to base places to visit in this world based on things you saw on a TV show (Especially one involving Gordon Ramsay), you're most likely never going to get out of your basement
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

KeyserSoze wrote:
If you're going to base places to visit in this world based on things you saw on a TV show (Especially one involving Gordon Ramsay), you're most likely never going to get out of your basement
I thought that was already determined.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

My grandma lives around South Bend and went to IU. She complains about Damers (I think I just made that word up) all the time.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Thank you, W. I was only wanting his opinion anyway.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

There go the Pack... On a defensive play by the Cardinals nonetheless. I got both games wrong today and both games right yesterday.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Oh, my fucking God. What a game. Get the de-fib kit, my Cardiac Cards are back.

I am so happy for Michael Adams. He got picked on all last week, all this week. And what does he do? Causes the game-ending fumble.

What a game. Bring on the Saints, whose defense is nothing compared to Green Bay's alleged defense. Warner will carve them up like a Christmas ham.

And to the Packers: not so fuckin' cocky NOW, are you?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Shryke,

While that was one of the greatest offensive displays I have seen in my lifetime, it was such a shame that the game was decided on a totally blown call by the refs. If you go back and watch the replay (I'll admit that I missed it completely and so did every announcer but it was caught by Mrs. Keyser who was, in fact, rooting for the Cardinals) you will see that Rogers was brought down by his facemask on the play. The fumble should not have happened, and it should have been 15 yards and a first down for the pack. It took watching the replay several times to see it, but you can clearly see a black gloved hand grab Rogers' facemask and yank him down to the ground.

Other than that, what an amazing game!!!! Congrats on the win.
Last edited by KeyserSoze on January 10th, 2010, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Don't forget that a lot of your team's success came on blown calls, Keyzer.

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Boosh - at any point in this discussion, was I talking to you? I have forgotten more about sports this morning that you have known in your entire lifetime so please keep your snide sports comments to yourself

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

KeyserSoze wrote:Shryke,

While that was one of the greatest offensive displays I have seen in my lifetime, it was such a shame that the game was decided on a totally blown call by the refs. If you go back and watch the replay (I'll admit that I missed it completely and so did every announcer but it was caught by Mrs. Keyser who was, in fact, rooting for the Cardinals) you will see that Rogers was brought down by his facemask on the play. The fumble should not have happened, and it should have been 15 yards and a first down for the pack. It took watching the replay several times to see it, but you can clearly see a black gloved hand grab Rogers' facemask and yank him down to the ground.

Other than that, what an amazing game!!!! Congrats on the win.
Me and my buddy I was watching with said the same thing, only for us it took about 2 replays. I can't believe the announcers said nothing!!! (Oh Wait, yes I can, it was Buck and Aikman :evil:) It was CLEARLY a facemask. What a stupid blown call. And that was on top of the helmet to helmet roughing the passer call they missed two plays earlier that should have offset the holding penalty that killed the Packer's momentum. I hate to see a great game screwed up like that, but with all the money and pride i had riding on the Packers, its only appropriate to have the game end on such a tease in the most agonizing way. Fuck my Life.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Roughing the passer is a stupid penalty. Since has a tackle been worth a 15 yard penalty?

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Buscemi wrote:Roughing the passer is a stupid penalty. Since has a tackle been worth a 15 yard penalty?

Since its a helmet to helmet blow to the head that causes more concussions than anything else in football, causing brain damage, dementia, and taking years off of players lives.