Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #20-11

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #20-11

Post by Shrykespeare »

CHIEN

Gary Jules & Michael Andrews, Mad World (2002)

There’s been a trend lately, of quiet songs covering more energetic classics, and that trend can be tiring. That famous cover of the Tears for Fears classic from the 80’s appeared way before the trend killed that. It appeared in an era when songs from films could still break out, and that trend died a bit too, with a few exceptions obviously. There will only be one more song on my list that is very cinematographically influenced. Of course, I discovered this song through Donnie Darko, almost 19 years ago. As far as melancholic piano ballads go, you can’t do much better than this one.

GEEZER

Blink-182, Stay Together For the Kids (2001)

You didn't think you'd get through this whole list without the boys of Blink making at least one more appearance, did you? I actually prefer Blink's slow and more serious songs a little more than their poppy fun silly punk songs, though let's be real, I love them all. This is their best song of the scope of this list, and might be their best song period. Another sad one, that I'm sure won't be new to many of you, if anyone.

JOHNERLE

Iron & Wine, Naked As We Came (2004)

As much as I love individual songs from this album, it's a tough one for me to listen to because it doesn't offer the kind of variety I usually look for in an album. Play this song on the radio or put it on a playlist and it's a classic. (FYI, I wasn't planning to lump so many slow, sad songs together in my countdown, but it just kinda worked out that way. Good thing I have some more Sparks coming soon.)

Also: Free Until They Cut Me Down, About A Bruise

LEESTU

The Smith Street Band, Don’t Fuck With Our Dreams (2013)

There is an interesting story behind this song. At one of their shows there was a drunken yobbo being aggressive and causing trouble. The bass player from one of the support bands (King Jules from a pretty decent fun ska punk band The Bennies) tried to defuse the situation and was smashed over the head with a bottle and then stabbed with it, ending up in hospital with serious injuries. The local media used this incident to bash the punk rock scene and its fans.

This song is Will Wagner’s response to both the incident, and the media backlash: “I came so close to giving up, Why has my way of coping become a reason to spill blood?”

As a nice touch the backing vocals at the end of the song are from members of the support bands from that night. One thing you know you are always going to get from The Smith Street Band are real stories and honest emotions from his experiences, thoughts, and feelings. He is an incredibly open musical artist. We are hearing all about his life, both the ups and downs, throughout his entire discography. Like an autobiography in song format, and I’m sure there is still more to come.

NSPAN

The Dandy Warhols, You Were the Last High (2003)

This relatively low-key track from their fourth album always struck me as particularly melancholy... and I'm a sucker for melancholy.

RON B

Radiohead, Bodysnatchers (2008)

Great kick off.

SCREEN203

Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson, D.O.E. & Sebastian, The Way I Are (2007)

Love the vocals on this. The best pop songs are the ones that mix a great beat with actual vocals, and this has both.

SHRYKE

Joe Satriani, Dream Song (2010)

I, unlike many, love it when Joe S. shreds. What I love even more is when he takes his time, when his pure guitar talent merges with the other instruments in the band rather than overwhelming them. There’s a majestic quality to this song that I find spectacular, and I seem to find something new to appreciate every time I hear it. When putting my list together, this was much, MUCH further down. The fact that it finally lands at #13 is a testament to how Joe’s music has affected me over the last three-plus decades. The steady rhythm of the beat, which I liken in many ways to The Who classic “Eminence Front”, blends perfectly with Joe’s craftsmanship. The man is a freaking surgeon with a guitar, and you’ll never convince me otherwise.

SIX

Foals, Black Gold (2010)

I’ve broken up with Foals. For a while they were my favourite new band, releasing two amazing albums that I still return to and discover something new to appreciate. I guess it’s the layers of rhythms working together, which some call math-rock. As of late, they’ve ditched those intricacies to favour more straight-up rock, and become bland. But this song is something else. I love songs that chop and change (unless it’s metal – sorry Tranny) throughout, taking you in unexpected directions. This masterpiece is funky, the vocals almost soulful, surprisingly complimenting the slightly agitated rhythm until it all gets absorbed in a dreamy wall of drone.

SURFER

Interpol, Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down (2002)

Another band that has featured heavily during the countdown, but fully deserved as the debut album from Interpol is a 21st century classic already. You could pick almost any song from the record as the band navigate their influences and deploy them with a keen deft of hand and knack for melody at even the most unexpected moments. It was a debut wrought in melancholy and emotional disconnect, but unlike the chilling nature of Joy Division, they immersed these emotions in a grander, more theatrical atmosphere. The highlight of the record for me is this song, a song in which Paul Banks' vocals evoke the despair and pain of the lyrics so profoundly, while the music builds and builds around him. It's a powerful song and one that always demands my attention, even in the rich catalogue of their work.

TRANSFORMERS

Frank Ocean, Pyramids (2012)

See, Six, you and I do see eye to eye on things that aren't hip hop-related sometimes! "Pyramids" is a sprawling, ambitious epic that shows off Ocean's deep vocal range as well as his versatility as an artist.

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Lots of very good songs today but nothing extra special.

The Very Good

Radiohead, Bodysnatchers - I prefer Weird Fishes and Jigsaw Falling Into Place are my highlights from this album, but this is one of the really good songs from an album full of really good songs

Joe Satriani, Dream Song - first listen...I agree this worked really well with that rhythm section...some interesting guitar work that kept me entertained and I imagine would on future listens too

Gary Jules & Michael Andrews, Mad World - I really like what they did with this classic song, but I still prefer the original as it was a childhood favourite

Interpol, Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down - so many really good songs on this album

Foals, Black Gold - cool song...but I like their bland rock as well, in fact I like that they mix up both styles

Blink-182, Stay Together For the Kids - not one of my favourite Blink songs but it's one of their really good ones

The Good

Iron & Wine, Naked As We Came - first listen...nice song

The Okay

Frank Ocean, Pyramids - it's okay but I prefer most Blonde songs over most Channel Orange songs

The Dandy Warhols, You Were the Last High - I preferred their earlier days when they were finding their sound, I'm not too keen on this bored electropop sound they found

The Meh

Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson, D.O.E. & Sebastian, The Way I Are - first listen...the vocals don't stand out as anything special to me but the beats and production are quite decent

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Chien: It's a lovely, haunting version of the song. I'll only ever think of Donnie Darko when hearing it, but that's okay. Weirdly it was the Christmas #1 song in the UK in 2003. How weird is that!
Geez: Didn't do anything to change my opinion of Blink 182
John: A lovely simple song. Not a million miles away from Sun Kil Moon, so I should really listen to more of these guys
Leetsu: I like the message behind the music, but the music and vocals itself are just part of a genre that bores me.
NSpan: Maybe it works better int he context of the album, but this synth sound didn't come across as particularly memorable.
Ron B: I'm one of the few Radiohead megafans who didn't like In Rainbows. It has a few superb tracks and the rest was a bit boring. This opener doesn't do it for me, but maybe that's because my expectations of Radiohead were so high.
Screen: I actually love that full-on tidal wave of synth sound that Timbaland perfected. Here, it's great although a little repetitive, but as noughties pop goes I'd happily listen to this again.
Shryke: It's not that he isn't talented, it's just that everything else about his songs are kinda bland.
Surf: This is a surprise. Not one I'd ever single out as a key track of theirs. But considering Bright Lights is one of my all-time favourite records, why nit-pick. It's still an amazing song and I love the rolling drums and duelling guitars so much here.
Tranny: Woo-hoo: is this our first crossover? Glad to see Ocean get some love, especially this epic track.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I was going to point out how early Iron & Wine was very much in the same realm as Sun Kil Moon if Six decided to bag on that lovely song, but now that won't be necessary.

It's a good thing I already know most of the songs from round 13 because Sparks, Jason Isbell, and Perfume Genius all have new albums available on Spotify today. That's a lot of music vying for the attention of my ears. It's also a long weekend in Canada so I shouldn't fall too far behind.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Geezer, Blink-182, Stay Together For the Kids
Don't think I'd heard that one of Blink 182, but I don't know them well, and aren't especially a fan so... Anyway, I guess it's listenable, but not enough to make me ant to hear it again.

John, Iron & Wine, Naked As We Came
Another nice one of Iron & Wine. It's not a band I've really followed along the years, but every time I hear them, it's always lovely. I definitely remember that one from a film a few years back.

Leestu, The Smith Street Band, Don’t Fuck With Our Dreams
It's pretty good for a genre I'm not always fond of. But there's nothing that really catches my attention beyond the "yeah, not bad" reaction.

NSpan, The Dandy Warhols, You Were the Last High
I'm a sucker for musical melancholy too, but I don't really sense it here, it doesn't move me, and it even gets me bored I'm afraid...

Ron, Radiohead, Bodysnatchers
I'm always up for some Radiohead kick, even when it's not one of my favs.

Screen, Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson, D.O.E. & Sebastian, The Way I Are
I'm not really a connaisseur of Timbaland, and when I listen to this I'm thinking I'll stay that way again. I have to admit there's a good beat though.

Shryke, Joe Satriani, Dream Song
Meh, it doesn't do much to me.

Six, Foals, Black Gold
That's pretty good. I like those changes of pace and instruments arriving when you don't expect them. I still prefer a Spanish Sahara, but that's interesting.

Surfer, Interpol, Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down
Far from my favourite Interpol song, but still a choice full of taste. Love the background guitar that feels so Interpol.

Tranny, Frank Ocean, Pyramids
I remember being very curious when Ocean exploded, and very disappointed when I listened to his work. There are moments I like here, but globally it's really not something I fully appreciate.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

NSpan - Lazy Eye - I have to admit, JohnErle's critique had me clutching my sides. Anyone who didn't know better would definitely mistake this group for the Pumpking Smashkins. Still, good song. 7.5/10

Ron B - Redbone - I've heard this before, but I'd never really listened. Definitely has a strong 70's R&B quality to it that I like. 7/10

Chien - Glass, Concrete and Stone - Nothing like the warm, familiar feel of David Byrne. Like a warm blanket. Good tune. 7/10

Screen - Paper Planes - As before, I like this song. Probably my favorite of the MIA songs I've heard thus far. 6.5/10

JohnErle - Things the Grandchildren Should Know - I liked this. Dude's voice is very good. Been a long time since "Novocaine For the Soul", but this album might be worth diving into. 6.5/10

Leestu - Covered in Chrome - HELL FUCK YEAH!!! (Had to get that out.) Liked the song, but didn't like the singer's voice. 6/10

Surfer - Master of My Craft - Like the energy, but I predict it'll only be a few hours before I fuhgeddaboutit. 6/10

Six - Untitled 4 - Nice voice, but I found the song bland and repetitive. 5.5/10

Geezer - You, In Weird Cities - Didn't really do anything for me. 5.5/10

Tranny - Sons of Belial - :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: The guitars are kind of Satriani-esque, so there's that. That's all. 5.5/10

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Round 13 thoughts

Chien, Gary Jules and Michael Andrews - I don't know, I kind of like the Tears For Fears song because it's a little cheesy and has that new wave sound to it which adds a little eerieness to it. This just felt like they took the song and said, 'we're gonna take this song and tell everyone how deep it is' , make it really serious and important. And yet it has the most simplistic piano line on it which is completely uninteresting. It's just kind of depressing and loses the unique nature of the original.

Geezer, Blink 182 - Probably my favourite Blink song, love the change up between the slower verses of Hoppus and the more explosive chorus from DeLonge. Air guitared to the instrumental segment many times too.

JohnErle, Calexico and Iron & Wine - Think I need to get this album. As well as Sun Kil Moon, definitely reminded me of Sufjan. Lovely song.

Leestu, Smith Street Band - Vocals don't appeal still, but it's one of the better songs from the band you have listed. Not enough to get me to investigate again though.

Nspan, The Dandy Warhols - Listened to this a few times this afternoon to see if it would click, but never really had anything to it.

Ron, Radiohead - Another excellent Radiohead song that really embraced the old guitar style of the band. I suspect perhaps you are not a fan of the album because it perhaps leans closer to their 90s style, six? Maybe you had embraced this new, more electronic style of the millennium and saw this as a step backwards, maybe? Anyway, great guitars, but also a real but of the eerie in the song too which I love.

Screen, Timbaland - Not for me, though the beat reminded me of something from the 90s.

Shryke, Joe Santriani - Just don't get the appeal of Santriani, unfortunately. This didn't change here.

Six, Foals - That album run of Total Life Forever, Black Gold and Spanish Sahara are awesome. And while I am very partial to their rockier side on occasion (What Went Down is pretty damn rocking), I agree, their more experimental side is definitely my more favoured Foals, and lost interest on the last record.

Tranny, Frank Ocean - Still not working for me. Just drifts off and I lose interest.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

silversurfer19 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Ron, Radiohead - Another excellent Radiohead song that really embraced the old guitar style of the band. I suspect perhaps you are not a fan of the album because it perhaps leans closer to their 90s style, six? Maybe you had embraced this new, more electronic style of the millennium and saw this as a step backwards, maybe? Anyway, great guitars, but also a real but of the eerie in the song too which I love.
]

I'm honestly not sure. I mean, I do love 90s Radiohead and The Bends and OKC are still classics for me. And I actually loved Heart Shaped Moon because it felt like what Radiohead could have done after OKC if they didn't embrace electronics. But about half of In Rainbows are songs I just cannot remember (like Weird Fishes or Jigsaw Falling into Place). Or songs like Nude which were great in their simple/demo form but the over-production ruined the sentiment. Then there are songs like Videotape which is so beautiful, or All I Need which is a lovely love song, or Reckoner which just made the cut from my list.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Screen - The Way I Are - Despite the cringe-inducing grammar of the title, I adore this song. Wonderful, infectious beat. Thought about including it on my list at one point. 9/10

Chien - Mad World - Been a fan of this song for a long time. It probably would have made my Top 150 had we gone that high. Great choice. 8.5/10

NSpan - You Were the Last High - Love the Dandys. This was fantastic. Love a good bit of dreampop. 8/10

Six - Black Gold - More good dreampop. 7.5/10

Geezer - Stay Together For the Kids - Excellent choice, Geez. Truly one of their better songs. 7.5/10

Tranny - Pyramids - Interesting song. Don't remember what I thought about this before, but I like it now. 6.5/10

Surfer - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down - Tried real hard to get into this. Didn't quite happen. 6/10

Ron B - Bodysnatchers - Just okay for me. 6/10

JohnErle - Naked As They Came - This bored me. 5.5/10

Leestu - Don't Fuck With Our Dreams - Somehow I endured this. Never again. 4/10

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

CHIEN

Benjamin Biolay, Comment est ta Peine? (2020)

This is the most recent song of my list, and probably of this whole countdown. It wasn’t released when we started this, but it’s the song I listened to the most that past month, to a point I had to include it. It’s from my favorite musician, Benjamin Biolay, and has quickly become an instant classic for me. Such craft. Title means “How’s your sorrow ?”, but there’s a double meaning, as the word “peine” in French means both sorrow and punishment, sentence. The song is about the end of love, and breakup, that feels both like a sorrow and a sentence. My translation won’t do any justice to the quality of the lyrics, but here goes.

“I dropped the phone like that, on this beautiful autumn morning, quite warm, it almost felt like summer, except you weren’t there. Then I looked up at the sky, undecided, did I want to go up there, or not ? I knew I was trapped, trapped like a rat.

How’s your sorrow ? Mine’s like that. We shouldn’t drag each other down the ground. We’d better learn to live with that. How’s your sorrow ? Mine comes and goes.

I dropped the phone, like that. I can swear I heard the knell. I should have let you go, before you let me go. I calculated the carbon footprint, three times. Talked about your mother in a way you wouldn’t like. But you’ll never know about it since you never listen to me. How are your nights ? How many of our friends have you kept ? How’s your sorrow ? Did she whisper in your ear to fly away by night ?”.

GEEZER

The Menzingers, Gates (2012)

"You'll carve your names into the Paupack cliffs
Just to read them when you get old enough to know
That happiness is just a moment"

That line alone would place this song on my list, if I'm being completely honest. And it really defines what makes this song special to me. This song holds such a special place in my heart for the pure nostalgia of it. I relate to so many of these lyrics, it instantly brings back so many memories of my twenties that I look back on fondly. I'll never not feel that when I listen to this, another example of the brilliance the Menzingers displayed on On The Impossible Past. Enjoy the little moments of joy, everyone.

JOHNERLE

Jason Isbell, Songs That She Sang In The Shower (2013)

"On a lark, on a whim, I said there's two kinds of men in this world and you're neither of them"

Jason Isbell is the kind of songwriter who could probably be an interesting fiction writer if he was so inclined. He has the ability to develop rich characters, fleshed-out scenarios, and a devastating emotional impact with a few perfectly chosen words. Now that I think about it that gift for brevity and subtext might serve him better as a screenwriter than a novelist, but you get what I'm driving at. The man has a way with words. He's one of a handful of songwriters who can keep me interested in a song that doesn't quite thrill me musically, but when the lyrics and music both come together he's as good as anyone working today.

Also: Flying Over Water, Hudson Commodore

LEESTU

My Chemical Romance, Welcome To The Black Parade (2006)

This was a family favourite at the time of its release, and now almost 14 years later it is still on regular rotation in our household, usually ending up on someones spotify end of year 100 most played songs of the year playlist. It has become a bit of a tradition in our family over the last few year to listen to each other’s list as a group, usually with a few drinks, and makes for handful of great days/nights. Last year we also had Alex Lahey’s fantastic Gerard Way approved cover of this song ending up on a list or two as well.

NSPAN

The 88, Go Go Go (2008)

Pure pop goodness from The 88. If my endorsement isn't enough, Ray Davies uses these guys as his backing band when doing Kinks material live.

RON B

Radiohead, Burn the Witch (2016)

More Radiohead!

SCREEN203

Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne, Rather Be (2014)

Love the original classical influences in this especially the violins, and the contrast with the synth. Glynne has a great voice as well.

SHRYKE

Gorillaz, DARE (2005)

Gorillaz have made some amazing music over the years. A few of their better-known songs, for whatever reason, just fell flat with me, but I fell in love with this from the get-go… before I even knew who they were. The video is delightful, featuring the androgynous Noodle dancing around in front of the giant disembodied head of Shaun Ryder (from Happy Mondays and Black Grape…remember them?) But it’s the completely infectious beat that digs in and gets me (and my significant other) moving whenever I play it.

SIX

Interpol, Hands Away (2002)

This song takes me back. To the summer of 2002, when I used to download a single song and listen to it over and over on my bulky home laptop. The actual song was “New York”, but it marked my love for these well-dressed lads. Their debut album remains a personal favourite – I just love how they mix Joy Division’s gloomy aesthetic with a dash of 80s pop, with this lesser track just blowing me away. It’s simple but becomes quite dramatic and overwhelming as the layers of sound build, and Paul Banks’s young and under-developed vocals soar as much as they possibly could.

SURFER

Cloud Nothings, Psychic Trauma (2014)

I have featured Cloud Nothings a couple of times already during the countdown, but from their third record, Here And Nowhere Else, this is the band at their peak, in my opinion. Continuing on with the nihilistic lyrics of previous records, but increasing the urgency of everything tenfold the dynamics on this song are astonishing. And yet, for the first half minute or so, you would not expect anything like that analysis. Dylan Baldi begins the song with a mid tempo number, lulling you into a false sense of security, before dialing it up and bringing the drums right to the fore in what becomes 2 minutes of the most intense music this century. As has been mentioned by a few of you regarding certain artists, capturing the live sound, in which some songs are best heard, can be difficult, and that is certainly the case with Cloud Nothings. However, this is as close as it gets to touching that energy and emotion in one song, so grab whatever imaginary instrument you have to hand and enjoy!

TRANSFORMERS

Darkest Hour, Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End) (2007)

A perfect balance of aggression and melody that is capped off by a beautiful solo that reinforces why the guitar will always be my favorite instrument.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

numbersix wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 4:04 am
Tranny: Woo-hoo: is this our first crossover? Glad to see Ocean get some love, especially this epic track.
Nope, it's our second (Black Skinhead was the other). Congrats on having the esteemed honor of being the only person I've had more than one crossover with :lol: .
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

The Awesome

Gorillaz, DARE - classic song...apparently it was meant to be "it's there", but Shaun Ryder always sounded like he was saying "it's dare" so it stuck

Radiohead, Burn the Witch - an incredible song that to me encapsulates what makes Radiohead Radiohead...from a truly excellent album that has become my 3rd favourite album of theirs, and they have so many great albums!

The Excellent

Cloud Nothings, Psychic Trauma - this song rocks!...love his rough, gravelly vocals, and great guitar

The Great

The 88, Go Go Go first listen...I haven't heard of them before but this was a lot of fun...there's a British mod influence in this that I liked. I was hearing a bit of The Jam, and a bit of The Who, but it sill sounded modern (for the time), not retro

The Good

Interpol, Hands Away - I am surprised by how well this album has been represented during this, but I guess not surprised that you pick the subdued slow burner, that admittedly builds, but builds to a droney finish....I mean I like that, but I prefer the rest of the album

The Menzingers, Gates - first listen...I prefer some of their others you've posted, this seems to be more straightforward rock n roll...going to listen to this album though, already added it

The Okay

Darkest Hour, Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End) (2007) - first listen...I do like that metal trick of starting with a sweet, quiet melody so you turn it up, and then the poor neighbours in their backyard are suddenly assualted by a musical attack of drums, guitars, and screaming/shouting/growling :lol:

Jason Isbell, Songs That She Sang In The Shower - first listen...I can tell that if this was the type of singer/songwriter music I was into this would be great

Benjamin Biolay, Comment est ta Peine? - first listen...I liked the lyrics translation, they were interesting, thanks! Strangely but the music seemed celebratory to me? Apart from the very end.

The Meh

Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glyne, Rather Be - first listen...a bit of disco in the dance pop here

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Chien: Sadly, this is what I expect of French balledry - somewhat spleen vocals against a mild disco beat. Didn't do much for me.
Geez: Everything about this song felt kind of diluted, softened, watered down. Maybe I just need to turn the volume up.
John: One of the toughest things about posting things here is loving the richness of lyrics and having a bunch of people listen to it only once and miss the lyrics entirely. Which is sadly my response to this song. The music didn't grab me enough to want to revist the great storytelling you described so well.
Leetsu: Oh dear. What starts as a somewhat silly Queen knockoff does something way worse: becomes dull. Yes, back to the same old pop punk. Not for me, not even remotely.
NSpan: Maybe it's because of the previous 4 songs, but this wasn't bad. Definitely something you would have heard from the Britpop era, but it was listenable.
Ron B: Now here we go. This really revived my love of the band. Besides some slightly more opaque and emotional lyrics, they're not breaking any new ground, but instead collecting all the skills and ideas they've amassed over the years, from their indie guitar beginnings to Thom's love of electro and Johnny's avante-garde orchestral scores, and made something great. Love how the strings get increasingly eerie throughout the song.
Screen: Another song I know only from ads. It's okay but doesn't quite go anywhere so I lost interest.
Shryke: Definitely has grown on me. Not sure if I mentioned before by my wife works with the husband of Noodle. Must see if I can get some Gorillaz gossip for you.
Surf: This is a great track. I'm more an Attack on Memory kinda guy, but there are some great tunes on this album, including this and Pattern Walks.
Tranny: I really, really hope your Top 10 is all hip-hop :D