Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #30-21

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #30-21

Post by Shrykespeare »

CHIEN

Sufjan Stevens, Chicago (2005)

This is the song that first drew me to Sufjan Stevens, 15 years ago now. Even though ultimately what keeps me close to Stevens during all these years is, without a doubt, the richness of his songs, how he delves us into a musical universe like no others, what actually first drew me to him was his voice, I remember. That soft voice, that proves that sometimes, singing can be just barely more than a whisper. Chicago is one of those songs that seems to be several songs into one, and yet feels complete and one.

GEEZER

Lucero, The War (2005)

Ben's ode to his grandfather's service in World War II has always been a favorite of mine. It's just really simple, great storytelling Americana and you can tell its a very personal song. When they do it live they usually add accordion to the mix, but I'll spare Six from that. They do play it just about every time I see them, which I appreciate.

JOHNERLE

Steve Earle, The Tennessee Kid (2015)

Man, it's getting increasingly difficult to pick Steve Earle songs for this countdown. There are a couple of locks, then a half-dozen songs competing for the precious slots I've reserved for him. I already regret picking some of those one-hit wonders in the bottom 50 and might have to toss a few Steve Earle cuts into the also-rans thread when all is said and done.

Here's another case where the sound quality on YouTube became a deciding factor. This is a great example of one of the things Steve Earle does best -- take something familiar and make it feel fresh. Here he takes one of the oldest tropes in the blues, filters it through the Velvet Underground, puts his own lyrical stamp on it, and comes up with something the feels new.

Also: Warrior, You're The Best Lover That I Ever Had

LEESTU

Rüfüs, Innerbloom (2015)

Rüfüs Du Sol before and after this album, but at the time of this release they were Rüfüs. Not that any of that is important, I’m just being needlessly pedantic.

On the surface this might not seem to be my sort of song – synth pop influenced progressive house is not a genre people usually associate with my music taste. However, look deeper and this song has a lot of elements that you often find in music I love. Long epic songs that build majestically, interesting Tame Impala like production twists, a groove you can dance to and/or lose yourself in, vocals that are passionate and emotional, and most importantly in music I love – it makes me FEEL something.

NSPAN

The Redwalls, Game of Love (2007)

Another from our boys in Chicago. Beatles-esque melodies abound.

RON B

Powderfinger, Sunsets (2004)

SCREEN203

Garbage, Shut Your Mouth (2001)

"Shut your mouth, try not to panic" is one of the best lyrics of the 21st century, to begin with. The guitars compliment Mason's vocals well, and the snark of the lyrics are an interesting contrast in a more pop-oriented album.

SHRYKE

Muse, The Dark Side (2018)

I’m frankly a little shocked that not one Muse song has been featured on anyone’s list so far. (Not a lot, just a little.) More than most bands this millennium, Muse has impressed me to no end with much of their discography, and it’s largely because of Matt Bellamy’s voice. The guy has a range like Freddie Mercury, and his guitar playing is stellar. For me, they are this millennium’s undisputed kings of electronica. The complete lack of Muse thus far tells me this song, along with the other two Muse songs I have coming up, will be met with scorn. C’est la vie. I’m crankin’ this puppy up to eleven (plus, the video is frickin’ cool).

SIX

!!!, Hello? Is This Thing On? (2004)

One of several songs that I listen to at least twice a month for the last five years. Why? It’s on my jog playlist. You see, I’m particular about my running playlist. It needs to have rhythm and get me going. But I don’t like upbeat pop or dance music, which most seem to listen to. Rock can be un-rhythmic, so tracks that embrace a bit of funk and electro hit that sweet spot. So these New Yorkers pedalling blue-eyed funk, with a large dose of psychedelia, are a perfect fit.

SURFER

The Flaming Lips, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (2006)

This is another family favourite that has had plenty of singalong and mad dancing moments in the house, despite its more thought provoking lyrics which seem to borrow from Ben Parker's morality statement to his nephew that with great power comes great responsibility. I love the balance between the slower spoken verse and then the explosion of the chorus, while the sweet 'yeah yeah yeah' backing vocals complement it all.

TRANSFORMERS

Between the Buried and Me, Prequel to the Sequel (2007)

What starts off as a pretty damn heavy track that seems to be escalating in intensity by the second ends up taking a trip down a delightfully odd prog rabbit hole around the halfway mark and doesn't look back.

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Re: Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #30-21

Post by Leestu »

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

I'm a bit grumpy today, which may be affecting my music appreciation a bit, but for a while there it looked like Steve Earle was going to be my favourite for today. Would never have guessed that happening.

The Excellent

The Flaming Lips, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - the fun fun fun song...a bit of a favourite in this household...always seems to make my oldest son's Spotify top 100 most played playlist each year

The Great

!!!, Hello? Is This Thing On? - first listen...great funky weirdness

The Very Good

Steve Earle, The Tennessee Kid - first listen...like you say, a fresh version of an old story done many times, and this was a lot of fun to listen to

Lucero, The War - first listen...great lyrics and story, and his usual great voice...I really liked these lines "'Cause taking orders never suited me, Giving them out was much worse, I could not stand to get my friends killed, So I took care of myself, first"

The Good

Sufjan Stevens, Chicago - one of his more easily accessible songs, probably because it is a bit more poppier than most, with a singalong chorus that reminds me of Arcade Fire

Between the Buried and Me, Prequel to the Sequel - first listen (maybe?) - there's a lot going on here and most of it is good

Muse, The Dark Side - first listen...I'm also a bit surprised that Muse hasn't appeared yet (none made my list but some were considerations in my initial huge shortlist) but I'm even more surprised that when they do make an appearance it's not one of their many excellent songs, but a been there done that song

The Okay

The Redwalls, Game of Love - first listen...very Beatles-esque (and Oasis), but the not as interesting melody side of the Beatles instead of the trippy, dippy, hippy, psych side...it was okay but I didn't get into it as much as previous The Redwalls offerings by memory

Garbage, Shut Your Mouth - first listen...how muted her vocals are in the verses compared to the chorus is a bit annoying

Powderfinger, Sunsets - I've already had their best post-2000 song on my list (their very best is their '90s material)...this is the album where they discovered blandness and lost me, especially this song (although (Baby I've Got You) On My Mind from this album at least rocks out a bit)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Chien: Lovely song and a great intro to a varied and ingenius album. Not my favourite from it, but they're all excellent songs so no complaints here.
Geez: Appreciate the avoidance of accordian [shudders at the very mention of the demon device]. This was nicely sincere and stripped down.
John: I quite enjoyed this. I always worry that blues is so limited that it's hard to do anything innovative (the same with punk, which is why I like how post-punk experimented with it), but the atmospherics here and Earle's storytelling really worked. Quite a cinematic piece.
Leetsu: Never heard of them until Ron posted 2 tracks. I enjoy getting lost in this!
NSpan: Sounds a lot like what a lot of sub-par Britpop bands were doing in the 90s, so didn't quite stick with me
Ron B: Similar to above, it just didn't sound interesting enough to me.
Screen: I found the lyrics to be a little clunky, and the music average.
Shryke: I too am surprised to see no Muse yet. And relieved :D Never liked them. The vocal pretensions of the 80s and the musica pretentions of prog 70s, they're ridiculous without having a sense of fun. That said, this was at least brief and somewhat enjoyable.
Surf: Very catchy and simple.
Tranny: There were a few moments of melody to cling on to in between the roars!

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Shrykespeare wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 8:52 pm

Muse, The Dark Side (2018)

I’m frankly a little shocked that not one Muse song has been featured on anyone’s list so far. (Not a lot, just a little.) More than most bands this millennium, Muse has impressed me to no end with much of their discography, and it’s largely because of Matt Bellamy’s voice. The guy has a range like Freddie Mercury, and his guitar playing is stellar. For me, they are this millennium’s undisputed kings of electronica. The complete lack of Muse thus far tells me this song, along with the other two Muse songs I have coming up, will be met with scorn. C’est la vie. I’m crankin’ this puppy up to eleven (plus, the video is frickin’ cool).
While none of their songs were in serious contention for my list, I loved everything they put out from Origin of Symmetry through Black Holes and Revelations (The Resistance was decent too). Their energy was terrific and they had a way of combining chaos with melody to make a truly epic-feeing sound. Then they started drifting into the world of full-blown electronic pop rock at the beginning of the 2010's and became kind of stagnant. This was the first time I'd heard this (or anything from their most recent album) and while it wasn't bad at all, it did nothing to reignite my interest in them.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

CHIEN

Mercury Rev, The Dark is Rising (2001)

I remember I loved that song instantly when I first listened to it all those years ago. Mercury rev isn’t a band I consider myself a fan of, but there are a few songs of them I really love. The Dark is Rising is a strange song, as it feels both very intimate and absolutely epic. And I’ve always loved that weird combination.

GEEZER

The Menzingers, Sunday Morning (2009)

I've gone back and forth about what I wanted to say in this blurb, trying to decide how personal I wanted to get because this is all supposed to be fun and light and there's a lot of shit going on in the world, but I decided to give you the full picture. This is the single most personal song to me on this entire list. It means more to me than any I've listed before, or any that I will list after. It's almost more than a song to me at this point. It is the only song that I have considered tattooing lyrics from it on my body, it is that important to me. Throughout my youngest brother's battle with addiction, this band was a bonding glue for the three of us boys, and this song in particular was a sort of crutch. As he was fighting, struggling, the words "Don't worry brother, this will blow over" was a sort of re-assuring motto that we used between us to give each of us strength to try and get through it. Sadly his battle came to an end a couple years ago. The last time I ever saw him was at a Menzingers show. Hell he almost got into a fight with someone who was drunk and being a little too aggressive with my other brother. Yes, at this point in writing this tears are literally streaming down my face as I write this. Its not my favorite song by the Menzingers, and it will be a little difficult to listen to from here until the end of time for me, but it will always hold such a special place in my heart. When I say music means everything to me, I hope this paints a pretty clear picture of that to you guys. Thanks for listening.

JOHNERLE

Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken (2006)

There will be a lot of repeat artists in my top 50 because most of my favourite musicians offer a lot of variety from year to year, even song to song. Camera Obscura are not one of those bands. Still, if you enjoy this you'll probably enjoy a lot of their other stuff too. Also, before the deluge of Debbie Downer jokes pour in, let me say in advance that I've heard 'em all. I've probably made a few.

Also: If Looks Could Kill, Tears For Affairs

LEESTU

Modest Mouse, Parting Of The Sensory (2007)

The first time I heard this album this song stood out for me over the singles as the highlight of the album. I kept listening to the album regularly for quite a while, just to hear this song, and the album grew on me so much to now be one of my favourite albums of all time. It’s all due to Parting Of The Sensory. I love the way this starts as a bit of a folky dirge, but then halfway through the song evolves into something much more energetic.

NSPAN

Danger Doom, Crosshairs (2005)

MF Doom + Danger Mouse + Brak.

RON B

Modest Mouse, Float On (2004)

SCREEN203

Florence + The Machine, Dog Days Are Over (2008)

The dread hidden underneath the beautiful medley is seldom picked up by most, but it only adds to the experience. Florence Welch's vocals are (as always) the highlight.

SHRYKE

DNCE, Cake By the Ocean (2015)

Yes, a Jonas Brother. (I’m as shocked as you.) When I first heard this song, I had no idea who the vocalist was, but it quickly embedded itself in my mind to the point where I was humming, singing, belting it out whenever I got the chance. The catchiness is undeniable, and while I’m not a fan of the video (skip to 0:37 if you want to move right to the song), it’s also catchy fun if you’re in the right mood.

SIX

A Silver Mount Zion, 13 Angels Standing Guard Round the Side of Your Bed (2000)

A band with 7 albums and a handful of Eps started off as a once-off tribute to lead member Efrim Menuck’s dog Wanda, who died of cancer. He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms is a moving instrumental record, topped by this track, with its whirling, mournful violins dancing around a loop that sounds almost like a sample of a cat mewling. Perhaps it was Wanda’s favourite sound. It’s a sad song, for sure, and one to get immersed in when your misery needs company.

SURFER

Mikal Cronin, Weight (2013)

Since making his name as part of Ty Segall's band, Cronin has released record after record of power pop beauty, taking inspiration from his earlier, fuzzier roots and applying that with new found pop sensibilities. The highlight of this already illustrious set of songs is Weight, a song which captures everything Cronin is capable of in less than four minutes. Desperate to find that motivation to achieve his ambitions, but unable to escape his own failures, the song sounds like a lost Alex Chilton masterpiece filled with hooks and tempo changes that you find yourself lost in.

TRANSFORMERS

Lana Del Rey, Ride (2012)

"Ride" is a popular choice for Del Rey's best song among her fans and depending on the day, I completely agree. Her vocals float over the lush string-and-keyboard production, the hook is striking as hell and the slow, steady buildup to the emotional explosion at the end is downright majestic.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

NSpan - Game of Love - Holy shit, this was terrific! Played it four times! Had me singing along! I think this is your best pick yet! 9/10

Leestu - Innerbloom - This was amazing. It reminded me a lot of "Gate to the MInd's Eye", one of Thomas Dolby's late 90's projects. Brilliant stuff. 8.5/10

Ron B - Sunsets - Wow, so many great songs in this batch! Cool video, too. 7.5/10

Six - Hello? Is This Thing On? - Never heard of this band. Vocals sounded like Mick Jones, and for a second I thought I was listening to Big Audio Dynamite... which is not a bad thing. 7/10

Screen - Shut Your Mouth - Love Shirley Manson. Hadn't heard this one, but I'll be coming back to it. 6.5/10

Chien - Chicago - Not a fan of Sufjan, but I liked this. Very easy on the ears, perfect if you're in the right mood. Which I guess I am today. 6.5/10

Geezer - The War - Nice little acoustic tribute. Reminded me a little bit of Layne Staley. Good stuff. 6/10

Surfer - The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - This was just weird for me. Didn't really care for it. 5.5/10

JohnErle - The Tennessee Kid - This didn't grab me. Sorry. 5/10

Tranny - Prequel to the Sequel - Yuck. 4/10

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Round 30 thoughts

Chien, Sufjan Stevens - Another great sign from a sublime record. One of the more uptempo songs from the album, but Sufjan's beautiful vocals cut through it all so fantastically. Lovely harmonising and string arrangements too. Not my favourite from the album by a long shot, but still very special.

Geezer, Lucero - I think you are beginning to sell Lucero on me. Perhaps it's just because they are slightly different from your normal picks, but the slower but more intricate pace of it all appeals, and lyrically it was certainly more interesting than guys getting drunk in a pub!

JohnErle, Steve Earle - Wow, this guy has quite a range on him, doesn't he. Perhaps my favourite of his picks so far, I dug the bluesy vibe to it.

Leestu, RUFUS DU SOL - Wow, really enjoyed this, completely immersive sound with some lovely sleepy vocals. A little of early Foals in there too, which is always a plus.

Nspan - The Redwalls - I grew up in the 90s in the UK listening to songs like this every day. So unfortunately this didn't really stand out so much.

Ron, Powderfinger - Another band that were a lot bigger down under than in the UK, going by the pretty plodding rock of this song, I don't we missed out.

Screen, Garbage - Not my favourite from the album, but I was actually surprised when this released to see Shirley still had something fresh to offer. Like the beat to it and Shirley's vocal tempo is cool too.

Shryke, Muse - I too am a fan of early Muse, so it you had posted any of the many number of songs from Origin Of Symmetry, Absolution or Black Holes I would probably have been a fan, but this electro vibe just didn't interest me. Especially when even the music is starting to resemble Queen now!

Six, !!! - I've only got the one album by the band, so this is new to me, but that was a great beat, may have to use the band myself for my own running! Music certainly feels like it belongs to that era of dance punk like many of the DFA acts.

Tranny, Between the Buried And Me - I think you introduced me to this band on a previous countdown and I enjoyed it quite a bit, enough to download the album. Never really listened to it that much though really, but it is certainly more interesting than much of the music you have posted just because it is more accessible. The growls do get in the way a bit, but not enough to stop me listening.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Chien: This has a very cinematic quality, for sure. I liked their Deserter's Songs era but not much else, but this was still good.

Geez: Wow, thanks for sharing man, and so sorry for your loss. As someone who has a brother who struggled with addiction (but fortunately maanged to beat it) I know how it can feel. That's the thing about music - it can relate to us in impossibly powerful ways through memories and experiences. There's a Mark Kozelek song called What Happened to my Brother (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQWBTAt-xBI) that hits me the same way. So no trash talk from me about this song. Although even without your personal connection I thought it was pretty good, the vocals better than usual and the main guitar pretty good for a pop-punk band.

John: This was very retro, very twee. I can see how a Belle and Sebastian fan may dig this. Didn't quite do much for me.

Leetsu: A great song I kinda forgot about. Must revisit that album.

NSpan: Groovy stuff although what the hell is going on at the end?

Ron B: Great pick! How many of us have picked that now, 4 of us?

Screen: I saw her live in early 2008 just before she broke. She was supporting Gravenhurst (Surf will snort milk out his nose upon hearing this). A great voice. But she relies on bombast so much that sometimes she forgets about the song. This was okay.

Shryke: I was prepared to hate on it becuase it's a Jonas bro. The bass was funky, but I lost interest

Surf: Hmmm... this didn't really grab me. The mix of guitar fuzz and pop sensibilities made it sound kind of dull and soggy.

Tranny: Glad it's not metal, but this just sounded like any old downbeat pop song. I just don't get the love for her.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

The I Love It

Modest Mouse, Float On - great to see this appear so many times

The Awesome

Mercury Rev, The Dark is Rising - this is a fantastic song with great dynamics, beautiful instrumentation, and a lovely voice...I love Mercury Rev and getting to see them live a few years ago for the first time ever was something I'll never forget, it was an incredible show

The Great

Florence + The Machine, Dog Days Are Over - Florence has really grown on e over they years, and this would be one of their best, she is an anazing vocalist

The Very Good

The Menzingers, Sunday Morning - first listen...thanks for sharing, and I feel for you...I love the power of music that certain songs can mean so much to someone for whatever reason...maybe because you shared I can't help but feel the emotion from this song

Mikal Cronin, Weight - very good song...I've been enjoying his solo career, and he think he is getting better as he goes along

The Good

Lana Del Rey, Ride - one of her better songs from her early era but my favourites of hers are all on NFR!, her best album in my opinion

Danger Doom, Crosshairs - MF Doom and Dangermouse seem like a good mix

The Okay

A Silver Mount Zion, 13 Angels Standing Guard Round the Side of Your Bed - first listen - there were soe interesting sounds created there but overall it's a bit too ambient for me to enjoy

Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken - it's sort of nice, but not for me

The Rest

DNCE, Cake By the Ocean - first listen...oh no!

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Round 29 thoughts

Really enjoyed this round, nothing I disliked.

Chien, Mercury Rev - While Deserter's Songs is my go to Mercury Rev album from this era of the band, this is still a lovely follow up, capturing much of the elegant and sweeping beauty of what came before. Probably my favourite of the album too, a great opener.

Geezer, The Menzingers - Wow, despite how obviously painful something like that must be, it's great you had something you could all cling to as a way of dealing with it. And now even if I wanted to hate on this song there is no way I could. But no need to lie, this was good stuff, a little looser than some of the music you have posted and it benefits from it.

JohnErle, Camera Obscura - These guys are one of the few Merge artists I haven't really invested in, but should definitely do so, this was a lovely slice of dreamy pop reminiscent of the best 90s sound.

Leestu, Modest Mouse - While I do like the song a lot, the slow build is great and then the shift half way through is cool, I much prefer the likes of Fire It Up

Nspan - Danger Doom - Didn't really leave an impact, but ok.

Ron, Modest Mouse - Hey, a second time in one round we get MM, I will never complain about that. Great song and good to hear again, think this may be one of the most popular of the countdown.

Screen, Florence and the Machine - Undoubtedly a great singer and this is probably my favourite song I know of hers (not that I can count the number of songs I know on more than one hand), but what in the hell, six? That sounds a little random! Anyway, good beat to it all and would never turn it off the radio.

Shryke, DNCE - Surprised that I actually knew this song, did not know it was a Jonas, though. I'm guessing he has got a little help on this, as the production certainly feels like something you would associate with some of the pop artists at the top of the game. Has a funky beat, and while not in my wheelhouse, pleasant enough.

Six, A Silver Mt Zion - Geezer will love this one! Quite different from the last song you posted from the band, reminds me much more of the likes of Sigur Ros, a lovely ambient mood piece filled with sombre tones.

Tranny, Lana Del Ray - I think the hurrah surrounding her has led me to avoid her music really, so while I know of Lana Del Ray, I am unfamiliar with any of her work other than the stuff I hear accidentally. She has a nice enough voice, but didn't really stand out, otherwise.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Chicago – You can't go too far wrong with early Sufjan. I hadn't heard this one in years, but it's terrific.

Lucero – I just can't get past this guy's voice. It might have been ok otherwise.

Rufus – This voice is more tolerable, but kinda bland. The music was great, but it dragged on too long.

Redwalls – Sounds more Keane than Beatles to me. Pass.

Powderfinger – A catchy little earworm, but another bland singer who doesn't do it for me.

Garbage – Ouch! The early stuff was pretty good.

Muse – I'm not familiar with this era of Muse, but I liked that. ADDED.

!!! - I'm not familiar with this era of !!!, but it was okay. Not really good enough to justify the length, though. I think I prefer the Myth Takes stuff.

Flaming Lips – So cutesy it's annoying. I'll take this any day.

Prequel To The Sequel – That started off so well I was thinking “Please no demon vocals... please no demon vocals...” Then came the demon vocals. Instant dealbreaker. It's a shame because there was some nice melodic metal in the intro.

I haven't had time to listen to all of round 29 yet, but I can't post this without addressing Geezer's story about his brother. I did listen to the song and I wish I could say it appealed to me, but that's hardly the point. I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share that story. No one said this had to be all sunshine, lollipops, and cake on the beach with a Jonas Brother. Music can trigger the entire range of human emotions, from giddy joy to deep despair, so pretending that song doesn't affect you so personally would be doing it and your brother a disservice. Friends should be able to share what's really going on in their lives, even a dysfunctional group of online friends like us.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Huh. Two Modest Mice sandwiched around Danger Mouse. (It's an infestation!!) I remember when the latter was just a cartoon character on Nickelodeon...

Geezer - Sunday Morning - Not a fan of the song, but thank you for sharing your story with us. I have nothing to add to what others have already said, save that even I have songs that touch me on a cellular level. I have a couple or three coming up. I don't equate any of them with the loss of a loved one as you do with this song, but that's beside the point. You rock, Geez.

Tranny - Ride - Today was rather meh, so kudos for picking the best song. Like LDR's lilting tones in this song. 7/10

Chien - The Dark is Rising - For such a sinister title (which I would have ascribed to 99% of Tranny's bands), this was surprisingly light and airy. Enjoyed it. 7/10

JohnErle - Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken - Good song. Made me think of early 90s Darling Buds and some Tanya Donnelly-led bands. 6.5/10

Ron B - Float On - This is, what, the third time we've had this? Fourth? Dayyum. It's good, but can someone explain why this is so universally loved? 6/10

Surfer - Weight - Neither bad nor good, just kind of... there. 6/10

Screen - Dog Days are Over - I've heard this song many times. I don't like it as much as when it first came out, but it's still pretty good. 6/10

Six - 13 Angels Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In Their Hands :D - This... just left me kind of cold. Didn't really go anywhere. 5.5/10

NSpan - Crosshairs - Liked the Muzak-ish backround. The rap, not so much. 5.5/10

Leestu - Parting of the Sensory - Didn't like it. 5/10

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Haven't had many comments on this thread...

Since I haven't heard from Screen today, we'll wait till tomorrow to do #28. No biggie.

Here's what I have for everyone:

Chien - through 25
Geezer - through 25
JohnElre - through 25
Leestu - through 27
NSpan - through 27
Ron B - through 12
Six - through 21
Surfer - through 26
Tranny - through 21