What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by W »

I don't know how big Misfits is in England, but if something does really well over there, it has a good chance to make it over here. More so reality or game shows though.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Nowadays the US is probably more likely to just remake it instead eg The Office, Life on Mars, Skins.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Speaking about Skins, that remake on MTV is going to bomb so bad. It just looks like Degrassi on another network rather than the hard-edged series that it is supposed to be. I give it six episodes before MTV pulls it for Jersey Shore reruns.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Misfits gets about 1m viewers an episode, which isn't great in a 50m island, but it's roughly the same as how Skins did in the UK. So yeah, with Heroes dying a death I could see a Misfits remake on the horizon.

I saw the trailer for the US versio of Skins and it looks hilariously bad. Setting it in Baltimore in order to appear gritty (by referring to The Wire, of course) is a sad, sad effort.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

It's probably more of the He's Just Not That Int You Baltimore, where everyone is somehow white, straight and in their 30's (and interested in cheating on their wives).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

W wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but if you don't mind watching something illegally that you can't find legally:

http://www.moviewatch.in/watch-25501-Misfits
I found the entire 1st season on torrents, but I'll be re-visiting this very soon for Season 2.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I take it you enjoyed it, Banks? If so, do you think it would do well in the US?

Oh, and Season 2 is even better so far.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I am really starting to get into Law & Order: UK. I think it's cool that Dick Wolf is adapting some of the best episodes from the first half of the show's 20-year run, with various changes made to account for the slight differences in British law (and law enforcement). BBC America bills it as "the first-ever American drama to be adapted for British TV", which is cool, because God knows, we've stolen enough of their stuff.

If you at some point liked L&O, like in the 90's, check this out. Some of the stories will be quite familiar (sometimes they even keep the characters in the stories' names the same). They changed the theme music (it's really cool), but of course, it wouldn't be L&O without that two-note sound effect it's famous for.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

It's funny... I'm not much into a capella music, and I've never watched Glee even once. But for whatever reason, I decided to watch The Sing-Off the past few weeks. Some of it was campy, but some of the performances were spectacular. The harmonies that some of these groups produce is simply outstanding.

The finale was last night, and here is my favorite song of the season. It's performed by Street Corner Symphony, doing "Fix You" by Coldplay and backed up by the other three groups that made it to the Finals. It's just sublime. The lead singer, Jeremy Lister, has got a professional's voice.

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I just finished the first season of The IT Crowd, which is a British comedy which is centered around an information technology department the a dirty basement of an upscale office building. The IT department consists of a grungy-type computer nerd, a socially awkward-type computer nerd, and a girl that has no clue about computers whatsoever but lied on her application.

It's extremely funny after the first ten or so minutes of the series sets it up. Netflix strongly recommended that I watch it, so I did, but the second season is dvd-by-mail only (3 and 4 are Instant) and I don't plan on upgrading my membership soon (mine's still in the free trial stage) so I found it online.

Also, I tried out a couple of episodes of Misfits and didn't really like it.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

The IT Crowd gets better as it settles into. I went to college with the "grungy-type" guy. He was a bit of a jerk but he's good in this. Written by the same writer of Father Ted, a sitcom that is hilarious.

Shame about Misfits, I love it to bits.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Well, I just finished the first episode of the second season (I just can't call it "series two"). It was easily the best one so far. I was literally in tears from laughter. If it gets better than that, I don't know what I'll do.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

numbersix wrote:The IT Crowd gets better as it settles into. I went to college with the "grungy-type" guy. He was a bit of a jerk but he's good in this. Written by the same writer of Father Ted, a sitcom that is hilarious.
YOu went to college with Roy! Hook me up! I want to have his babies (only without the babies)!
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Watson is kicking some serious ass on Jeopardy! Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter are going down! :)

Watson is a computer created by IBM to interpret and reason language the same way that humans do. Though he screwed up a couple of times yesterday, it's pretty amazing.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I just started getting into Arrested Development. I'm only 3 episodes into the first season, but it's pretty damn good. It reminds me of The Office, but with a more subtle sense of humor. Which is hit-and-miss, but when it hit, it's HILARIOUS.

And Alia Shawkat was a hot teenager. She's still pretty good-looking, but....not like that.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife