What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by Geezer »

I didn't watch it, but maybe that's just a trick? Maybe they are setting the series up for a plot twist? It doesn't make sense to have a message like that.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Nope, it was a 6-part mini-series. It doesn't end explicitly saying that you should become a drone, but considering the original series was so political, the only political reading I can see is that of conformity

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Six - I've got the whole thing DVR'd. Now I just need to find 6 hours to sit down and watch it all in one sitting.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

It'll be interesting to see what you make of it, Keyser

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
becs wrote:
It seems unfortunately fated to fail the same as the series did its first time around
Not sure how you got that, since it is the highest rated new show this season.
Every person I know has given up up on it after either 1 or 2 episodes, I haven't talked to a single person that will be following it for the rest of the season.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

i actually liked the second episode more than the first, and am looking forward to the next one, which should be up on hulu soon

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

It's Always Sunny In Philladelphia is pure genius. This season is just as good as past seasons. Also got to say The League is actually pretty funny despite the lame commericals for it this show delivers.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

transformers2 wrote:It's Always Sunny In Philladelphia is pure genius.
I will thoroughly agree, past seasons have likewise been awesome, but this season has taken it to a whole other level, so brilliant. Much like House this season it took a couple episodes to gain momentum, but ever since it has just stepped up to a brilliancy we have not seen before.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

I'm actually worried that Always Sunny may have already hit its peak... There have been some brilliant moments this season--but the laughs are coming fewer and farther between... I think "The Nightman Cometh" would have been a fitting end to the entire series... the show can't one-up itself forever...
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

NSpan wrote:I'm actually worried that Always Sunny may have already hit its peak... There have been some brilliant moments this season--but the laughs are coming fewer and farther between... I think "The Nightman Cometh" would have been a fitting end to the entire series... the show can't one-up itself forever...

The only episode that i didnt laugh throughout this season was The Great Recession. That rest of them have been up to par with past seasons.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Six,

Finally got around to watching The Priosner, and boy, what a disappointment. I think I liked it even less than you did. Not only was the acting sub par (Even McKellan seemed to be sleep walking his way through it), but the storyline was boring as hell. It completely lacked everything that was good about the original series. There was no sense of angst or wondering who was running the Village. For the original, there were multiple conspiracy theories that it was the good guys, the bad guys or possibly even #6 himself who had himself locked away because of the knowledge in his head. In this one, you knew exaclty who it was. The whole SummaCorp(sp) storyline made absolutely no sense other than, as you said, a way of showing individuality Vs. being a good little drone.

AMC actually had three original episodes avaiable On Demand. I had to go and rewatch them just to get the bad taste out of my mouth from this one. Caveziel just could not convey the angst and anger felt by McGoohan's #2 at being held captive. McGoohan's character made an attempt to escape every episode where as Caveziel's seemed to try it maybe once or twice.

And don't even get me started on the whole revelation about Mrs. #2 creating the Village out of her mind.

No, it just seemed like some TV exec caught a single episode in reruns and said, "Hey, why don't we remake this?" without knowing the full scope of what the original was trying to say.

Damn, I could really use that 6 hours of my life back.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I imagine that they didn't even retain the cool "#6 back in jail" graphic at the end of each episode.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Buscemi wrote:I imagine that they didn't even retain the cool "#6 back in jail" graphic at the end of each episode.
Nope, nor even an attempt to re-create what may have been the coolest intro to a show ever.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Glad you disliked it, Keyser!

You know, after much IMDB debate it seems as if the show isn't concluding on a note of pro-conformity, but rather a more sophisticated criticism of the mechanisms of society- instead of fighting and forcing us to comply it tricks us into believing we're in control. What do you think Keyser?

Regardless, the show still stank due to Caviezel, who had no presence on screen. McKellen was okay, I just didn't like that he had this whole family, it ruined the impact of any metaphor it might have been using.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I honestly never understood the casting of Caviezel. He hasn't had much of a career since The Passion Of The Christ.

Was he an eleven-hour casting choice or something (replacing someone like John Malkovich)?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr