The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Luke

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by Buscemi2 »

But it's certainly going to be included in the final budget. If Blumhouse weren't involved, I'd expect that money to be on screen.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't expect a big release with Lamb. I didn't see a DirecTV logo on the poster but I feel this will be day-and-date.

Back to the release dates, Universal, Lionsgate, and Red Bull are teaming up to release The Alpinist on September 10th. Not sure if this intended to be like Free Solo or what but it seems like a lot of money will be poured into its release.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

With all of the new cases, I'm beginning to wonder if The Suicide Squad and all of the big August movies get delayed. Or have we all decided that the QAnon people that run the theatre chains don't care?

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Pretty slim chance that happens at this juncture. Unsurprisingly, the effect Delta is having greatly varies on the area and I don't think there's a single elected official in the country that would even consider implementing a lockdown right now (and if someone did, I think there's a legit chance they would get killed by some lunatic...)
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

There's supposed to be a Halsey documentary hitting IMAX screens on August 27th. I imagine it will have more of a point that that 140 minute compilation of Billie Eilish home movies that played a week back in February.

Meanwhile, it looks like the My Little Pony reboot became a Netflix project as My Little Pony: A New Generation gallops over there on September 24th.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Halsey's IMAX project is a short film (probably just a series of music videos that ties in her with album that releases the same day.

Elsewhere, Paramount has pulled Clifford the Big Red Dog from its planned September 17th release over Delta variant concerns. No word as of now if its intended premiere at Toronto will move forward. Their other family project Paw Patrol: The Movie will stay on August 20th since it was already a planned day-and-date release on Paramount+.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

Clifford will probably be day-and-date or a Paramount+ premiere like Infinite was. I can't see that having any success as a theatrical-only title.

As for Halsey, at least the short is meant for IMAX.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is scheduled to return to theatres on August 27th with fifteen extra minutes of scenes. Doesn't a three-hour plus cut of this run on TV every time there's a Harry Potter marathon?

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

Stephen Daldry returns to US theatres with Together, a film that has already been shown on the BBC but has been upgraded to a theatrical release stateside, on August 27th. Not sure how Bleecker Street will distribute this one, whether they'll do the semi-wide followed by VOD release formula they've used lately or it will be a short theatrical run followed by television or streaming.

Meanwhile, Netflix will premiere the long-delayed Worth on September 3rd. This premiered at Sundance nearly two years ago but remained without a date until now. Maybe we'll also see another reasonably-profile Netflix title that's lingered in limbo, The Starling, getting a date soon.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

A couple of new awards season dates:

The Duke 9/17/2021
My Son 10/22/2021

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

The Harder They Fall will kick off the London Film Festival on October 6th and hit Netflix globally on November 3rd.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

Netflix is releasing the latest gender-swapped remake no one asked for, He's All That, on August 27th. Seeing how the title alone makes no sense in 2021, I'd expect this to be one made solely for 90's nostalgia and teen girls who have seen every Noah Centineo movie or adaptation of fanfic possible.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

The Nicolas Cage/Sion Sono project Prisoners of the Ghostland will receive a day-and-date release from RJLE on September 17th.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

I had completely forgotten that played at Sundance.

Meanwhile, MGM has re-scheduled Samaritan for 8/26/2022. Post-production must be taking longer than expected.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Ahead of its premiere at Venice next month, Netflix has acquired the US, Canadian and select other international rights to Maggie Gyllenhaal's directorial debut The Lost Daughter.

Buscemi2
Luke

Post by Buscemi2 »

Another file for "sequels no one asked for": a fourth installment of the God's Not Dead series, We the People, is coming out via Fathom Events on October 4th. You'd think the low box office receipts on the last one would have killed this franchise, but noooo..