THE OFFICIAL 2012 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2012 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by silversurfer19 »

Any news on the January Regulars Leagues starting up soon? And the new Super Leagues for that matter? One week until they commence...

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

The leagues will be starting up soon, I promise. The March movies haven't been added yet. If they aren't soon, I'll create the leagues anyway just so people can get in. Hopefully the March films will be added no later than 1/2.

As for the Regulars leagues, I'm still waiting on a decision for theme for Box Office. Three people won, so I have to get a consensus.

Here are the projected winners of the Super Leagues, based on this weekend's projected numbers:

Box Office Full-Year - a shootout between Brockster, pulpdogs and jas_8382

Box Office Half-Year - bestfilm

Ultimate Full-Year - a shootout between bestfilm, Scripps and Chien. We may even have a tie...

Ultimate Half-Year - a shootout between Brockster, Spectre, Chien and aquamann. Very, very close...
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Based on BOM's Sunday Estimates, here is a (slightly) revised look at the Super League final results:

Box Office Full-Year

Wow. Fucking unbelievable. I have Brockster, pulpdogs and jas_8382 within $110,000 of each other. Brockster and jas had identical slates except Brockster took Rust and Bone, which will make slightly more at the buzzer than jas's The Impossible. The wildcard is pulpdogs, whose pick of Django Unchained has vaulted him right into the thick of things. This winner probably won't be called until 1/2 when the numbers purportedly go final.

Box Office Half-Year

Not only will bestfilm win, but he will win by a margin of over $100M, with a slate that included Lincoln, Skyfall, Twilight, Django and two $1 films. What a wipeout. Well done, besty!

Ultimate Full-Year

If the numbers hold and the PTA predictions don't completely rearrange themselves, Scripps will just barely edge out bestfilm, Chienfantome, aquamann and Spectre for the win.

Ultimate Half-Year

Yikes. I can't call it, and there's still every possibility of a tie. I currently have Chienfantome and Spectre in a tie at the #1 position, with Brockster only half a point behind. I can't stand the tension!!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Even though the March films haven't been added to the list yet, I am sending out the passwords for the Round One Super Leagues so that everyone can get in.

I've also created the following Regulars Leagues:

Ultimate - Favorite Movie Filmed in Your Area
Box Office - Steve Martin or Dustin Hoffman (the winners were unable to reach a consensus, so we'll just do both)

I will create the 1st Quarter Bankrupts Leagues in the next few days.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Wow wow wow, fingers crossed !!!
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

MAJOR Kudos to Bestfilm. Picking Skyfall over the more expensive The Hobbit was a risk but it paid off as it gave him more opportunities. That takes balls.

bestfilm
Donnie Darko

Post by bestfilm »

I felt since the beginning that The Hobbit wouldn't have earned as much money as the LOTRs and whereas I couldn't forecast almost $300 million I knew Skyfall would have behaved well. Then, experience told me that with remaining budget was better looking for two middle hit than just one big movie, yet in my best dreams Lincoln was an $80 millon movie. Django was the cherry on the cake.
What does it mean "Favorite movie filmed in your area"? Do I need to choose my favorite italian movie?
Anyway, kudos to Shonenbat who have reached the final stage in any league, but I think it's better winning just one...I'm happy for the good placement in the ULT FY as well, but I'll be damned for choosing The flat instead of The session.
Happy new year to everybody, see ya in the new leagues, I hope my english was fine.

empire13
Clark Griswald

Post by empire13 »

Yeah, great job by bestfilm, chien and brockster! They're all over the top of the rankings. What a finish!
Rick: Where do you get off having tits? - Clayton Rohner, Just One of the Guys

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

bestfilm wrote:What does it mean "Favorite movie filmed in your area"? Do I need to choose my favorite italian movie?
Well, if you know of a particular film shot within, say, 100 km of your home, that would count, but if you can't think of one, then your favorite Italian movie will do fine. I mean, it's not like any of us Westerners are going to call you out on it or anything!

And your English is just fine.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Would you get disqualified for not liking the only movie you can think of that was shot in your area?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Buscemi wrote:Would you get disqualified for not liking the only movie you can think of that was shot in your area?
Only in your case. :lol:

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

How far away is "your area?"
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

W wrote:How far away is "your area?"
Somewhere between spitting distance and as the crow flies.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The first one makes sense, but "as the crow flies" just means in a straight line not accounting for roads and whatnot.

Hoosiers was filmed less than an hour from here, so I guess I have to go with that.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

So the suspense is still on...
Fluctuat nec mergitur