RIP Conan & Andy

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

NSpan
Frank Booth

RIP Conan & Andy

Post by NSpan »

Andy whippin' out his flask is the hardest I've laughed in a while; Conan's farewell speech nearly brought tears to my eyes. Classy guy. Professional all the way. Damn fucking shame that Jay Leno ruined it for everyone.

Help the cause by buying "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" on DVD.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: RIP Conan & Andy

Post by numbersix »

Leno pretty much just shrugs his shoulders and says okay to whatever they want him to do. Surely it's more NBC's fault than Leno?

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I NEED to buy Andy Richter Controls the Universe. That show was amazing.

And Leno has always sucked.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

It has nothing to do with Leno, this whole thing is due to NBC's stupidity.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:It has nothing to do with Leno, this whole thing is due to NBC's stupidity.

Agreed NBC fucking fails not Leno's fault at all. I will miss Conan funniest late night host around.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

How is none of it Leno's fault? Wasn't it he who promised the spot to Conan 5 years ago? or am i getting my stories crossed?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Yea, Leno is getting a bad rap. It's not leno's decision to go back to the tonight show

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

No. The network promised it so that they wouldn't lose Conan. Personally, I'm not a fan of either. I used to watch Letterman, now none of them, although Ferguson runs a crazy show...
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Is it me or did the only late night people that supported NBC seem to total puppets (Leno and Fallon)?

And how is George Lopez's show still on?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Lopez's new show might actually cost less to produce than just showing episodes of Seinfeld. Or maybe it has a Latino following. I know absolutely no one that watches House of Payne, but its supposedly one of the biggest hits out there... I don't completely doubt it either.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

House Of Payne is also pretty cheap to produce since it's syndicated as well. Tyler Perry and Lionsgate finance it and they make the budget back from sales to local stations (and TBS).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Geezer wrote:How is none of it Leno's fault? Wasn't it he who promised the spot to Conan 5 years ago? or am i getting my stories crossed?
NBC forced Leno into giving Conan the show 5 years in advance. He never wanted to leave, but he really had no choice.

NBC fucked up there, then realized their mistake and tried to correct it with their half ass idea of the Leno Show at 10. Which then, predictably, flopped, and so now since Conan's rating are also shit, they're doing what they should've done in 2004 and just let Leno have the Tonight Show like always. There's a reason he's been the highest rated late night show since he took it over way back when - some people out there like him.

FOX would be idiots to put Conan on against Leno and Letterman, he'll get crushed.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Actually, I think Conan would do well against Leno and Letterman. First of all he'll be on at 11:00 pm EST at Fox, 35 minutes before Leno and Letterman. Also, Leno has hurt any chance of ever being taken seriously again due to the incident (as I said earlier, he is nothing more than NBC's puppet).

And last, quite a few people enjoyed Conan's run and he still achieved popularity. Just because the Nielsen ratings were low doesn't mean that the show was bad or unpopular. In fact Nielsen ratings only reflect people who are Nielsen families and what those Nielsen families watch, shows such as Family Guy and Scrubs (hell, even The Simpsons) have crap or disappointing Nielsens but do or did well.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

You can't do well and have bad Nielsen ratings. Just about everything in TV is decided by ratings, including the uber-important advertisers.

People who didn't watch Conan at 11:35 aren't suddenly going to watch him simply because he's on 30 minutes earlier.

And Leno's rep is only hurt by internet fanboys, which nobody really cares about. You think normal people give a shit about Team Coco or whatever message board guys care about (yes I see the irony here)....

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:You can't do well and have bad Nielsen ratings. Just about everything in TV is decided by ratings, including the uber-important advertisers.
Then how do you explain the successes of shows like The Brady Bunch, Star Trek, Scrubs, JAG, NCIS (the first several seasons), Family Guy, King Of The Hill and even Cheers (the first season finished dead last in the Nielsens but was renewed thanks to critical acclaim)?