HSX team game

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

HSX team game

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Hi all!

Thought it might be fun pitting brain(s) V brain(s) in a game of HSX.

Not sure how we could do it, but im sure we enough regulars on here to make about 4 teams.

Each team can go and buy whichever stocks they want, and try to make as much money as quickly as possible. Im sure you all know of the game, but i think it would be fun to compete with teams; ie Geez & SS vs W & UDM vs Six & Ozzy vs Boosh & Shryke vs whatever
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: HSX team game

Post by undeadmonkey »

i'm down. I hadn't played hsx in over 6 months, but i recently started again.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I haven't played in a long while. It could be a yearlong deal. For teams, we'd just need a dummy email account then have one of the team members set up an HSX account and share the password. I haven't messed with my account in a long time, but in the spirit of competition I'd be willing to give it a try again.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I can't say I have any experience in the game, but it sounds fun. No-one will want to be on my team though...

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

OK, so at least there 4 of us so far. And yeah i like W's idea, having a dummy email and stuff. And SS, HSX really isn't that hard, i think you'll go alright. So any more players??

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think my ability at predicting movie box offices on this game already has been well documented. Four years and counting of failure doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'll give it a go though, maybe I'll find my calling...

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

Yeah ill give it a go, havent played for a while though. In fact, that reminds me, i better sell some Sam Worthington shares :S
"Then telephone for an axe"

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

ok, my email acc has been hacked, i need to fix this before i set up some dummy emails for the 2 teams. Then i set up some basic rules and we can get going.

Teams (by random)

Ron, UDM & SS
W, Ozzy & Shyrke/Chien/Six? (if any of them want to play)

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Ok, so it has taken me a while, but i finally did it.

There are 3 teams, red, green and blue, i know they are boring but i couldnt think of any witty movie names, anyway...

So it looks like the interested people so far are myself, UDM, SS, Ozzy and shryke, but we need at least 1 more person to level the scores. So if Six could join that would be great. Even better if we had Boosh, Chien and another volunteer, W, geez or tranny perhaps?? That way we would have either 2 teams of 3, 3 teams of 2 or 3 teams of 3, which would work the best id say.

So ill let you decide which color you would like to Represent, im going with green.

I have set up all the emails so i can send you the address and password, once each player is in, you can change the password later so i dont know your plans. However, i will set up the HSX accounts once we have the email business sorted, and the password for HSX, i will have to know, so i can regulary check the scores and tabulate the data which i will post here monthly, perhaps a little more often depending on how bored i get during the snowboarding season.

The game itself is about making 'money', not real, but a stock market for film, actors and other stuff like that. There are a whole lot of hot prospects coming out soon including The Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit, Emma Stone and Dominic Cooper, so game is in good shape to start this thing now.

So before i go any further, please nominate your color of choice, but remember, we can only have 3 per team, so please read whos going with what. If we have more interest, i can add another team, no worries there.

Ok, lets see if we can get this going within a week,

Seeya!
8-)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'm still out. I don't understand the basics of the game (even though I always visit the forum).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I've never played the game, I don't know how it works... I need to check it before deciding...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Ok, ill try and fill you in a bit.

So, you start off with $2M, and you can buy as much stock as you can afford, for various movies and/or actors. Say, Eric Bana is about $91 per stock, so maybe buy 100/1000 and then if someone else buys him too (if he had a big movie coming out, that would happen) then his stock rises, depending on their current price that will determine how fast his value increases (also how many people buy and sell that stock), obviously if you are someone like Alan Rickman who is around 195, it might take a little longer.

And then there are films, which may have a little hype or the opposite, and can drop or fall much quicker than actors stocks. The Help for example went crazy. But you cant hang onto these films for too long, once they have made their mark in the cinema, people sell and move on to other big prospects or quick buzz movies ie: Paranormal Activity or longterm, The Hobbit.

Really im still learning the game too, its not easy and requires a little bit of monitering. But maybe if some of the more experienced players divided into different groups, like UDM played against me and not sure who else has played. Honestly, i think it would be fun, as we would all jump into the unknown, but based on our infinite knowledge of the FM/MMG game, im sure we all have a big advantage against the norm of the HSX world, trust me there.

So, think on it, suss it out. But never say never

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

And dont buy TDK rises, im sure that will flop :lol:

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Basically, the $xxx.xx is the first four weeks of a film. It's based on the formula: Opening Weekend x 2.7 (the average multiplier for four weeks). The films cash out after their first four weeks of release unless it's a limited release, then it gets (I believe) 8 weeks.

Buy low, sell high... Short if you think a price is too high. That's pretty much it.

It's been a while, but I can probably answer most of your specific questions.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Limited is 12 weeks.

As for Actor and director stocks, it's based on the average amount made over their last 5 movies. So if a blockbuster actor stars in a tiny arthouse movie, their stock drops a bit.

It's a good game. Complicated at first, but once you get into it it's pretty addictive