May-July Bankrupts League

All league discussion for the currently in-play seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: May-July Bankrupts League

Post by undeadmonkey »

ugh, i tried it. It doesn't work either, i triple checked everything, but it seems pretty straightforward. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

Maybe not just anybody can create a league?

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Maybe I'll give it a go...

Nope, no good.

Maybe the "Bankrupts" option is glitchy...
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

hmmm, well, i'll give Manuela another day. if nothing happens, i'll make a regular ultimates league and see if that works, and then everyone just has to remember that the people on the bottom are the ones winning. that's how we did it before anyway. so it shouldn't be a big deal.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

So apparently it was the title that wasn't working, who knew. Manuela added a bankrupts league entitled A Summer In Bankrupt. So everyone can join that one. It'll be the official summer 2011 bankrupts league.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

also, disregard the pricing, she said she is switching it over to our price system, so it will be fixed shortly

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

The pricing has been fixed. But everyone that signed up yesterday will need to sign up again today. Sorry for all the confusion, but after stumbling out of the gate, we are finally off.

eleph

Post by eleph »

undeadmonkey wrote:...
You must spend at least $95 of your cash
95 or 90?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

yup, $95. it's how we've always played it.

I think this is going to be an interesting bankrupts league, there is no way to get to $95 spent without talking one (or even 2) of the potential blockbusters, So let's see who picks right.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'm surprised so many people are taking Larry Crowne. I think that will be the sleeper hit of the summer.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

eleph

Post by eleph »

First: my fault.
The problem is: for gamers playing bankrupt leagues in last months, limit was always 90 (and also in this league the game accepts rosters with 90 limit). So me, donnie, colored, brockster, bestfilm, have a strategy considering 90, not 95. It's difficult now to change movies: for example, bestfilm has only 5 films to change. I'm thinking to not play this league, I'll study for next bankrupt^^.
I hope you understand me :) .
Last edited by eleph on May 8th, 2011, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

well for the last league, you could still finish out playing with 90. as that is how you are all playing, there is no need to change it.

as for this league there are still plenty of films to change strategy. and while you don't have to play, the best way to study is to experience it ;).

edit: oh, i see what you are saying about thebestfilm, he already has 4 films opened..... well, if we need to, i guess we can put the limit down to 90, if it is alright with everyone else.

eleph

Post by eleph »

undeadmonkey wrote:edit: oh, i see what you are saying about thebestfilm, he already has 4 films opened..... well, if we need to, i guess we can put the limit down to 90, if it is alright with everyone else.
Yes: the problem is that some players (me too) dont read the rules of this league, so they are playing with 90 limit (the "normal" limit accepted by system, and "normal" limit of past bankrupt leagues I played), all having already films opened (bestfilm has 3 or 4 movies opened: Everything Must Go now is locked); and other persons are playing with 95 limit in roster.

ColoredXIII
J.J Gittes

Post by ColoredXIII »

uhm.. ok .. so i think the problem is in the site. we are playing a bankrupt league of italians called flopbuster and it has a fixed limit... i mean when you are under 90 €/$ the site tells you that you have to spend more than 90. In this bankrupt there's not a fixed limit like this... i think someone should do something about it

eleph

Post by eleph »

Well... now my roster is over 94