New Forum comments

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

New Forum comments

Post by numbersix »

Looks good so far, but the restrictions on the avatar pic are infuriating. Anyone recommend a simple way to reduce a jpg dimensions easily? I've tried acouple of attempts and this forum rejects every attempt

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Re: New Forum comments

Post by Brockster »

I'm having the same issues six. Not sure what to do. Barca, can you help us with this?

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Wow...I guess you have to resize your picture to make it extremely small. I resized mine in microsoft paint and it finally worked.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Someone needs to waive the sizing limit.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Yep. I'd say that. I never had any problems when the avatars were big on the other site. It just partially covered "Online", though you could still see it.

Like William Wallace said, "...they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" I'm fairly certain he was talking about the size of avatars, but its been a while since I watched it.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I also miss the quick reply section at the bottom of a thread- it made replying to multiple topics easier. Any chance one can be set up for this forum?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

That and some of us really liked the chat on the forum. I guess it could go on the website instead, but we'd like one just the same please.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Was checking out the "Friends and Foes" and it is a funny idea but I want Barca to be a Foe. Instead of ignoring him, it should highlight his posts in red and have a pop up window that says. "asshole who keeps beating my slates". LOL

Actually I would have to Foe a lot of people for that anymore... ;)
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I also thought putting up the avatar was murder, wouldnt there be a way that the program could resize the picture by itself if you didnt want big avatars, that way i dont have to spend half an hour resizing the pic to fit

i also think the avatars could be a little bit bigger, they're kinda small

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

How hard is it to get into paint or whatever app you have and type in the number of pixels the avatar is limited to :P. Personally, I think the avatars on the old forum were way too obtrusive, they took up as much space as the actual conversation. There should be a happy medium tho, they are pretty damned tiny now, I can't figure out what the UDMs is.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I'm pretty sure it's one of the creatures from At World's End. I could be wrong though, I've only watched it once (with instant regret...). I didn't have much problem with my avatar, but I'd rather they were a little bigger. Oh for when you need a mod on board...

By the way, I've always found it funny that when you see who is online there is always one member hidden. We all know it's you, NSpan, there's no point in hiding anymore!
Last edited by silversurfer19 on October 22nd, 2009, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

BEARSHARKTOPUS!

though it'd probably lose in a fight to this:

Last edited by NSpan on October 22nd, 2009, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Surfer helped me with mine.

Communist-era poster madness with Steve McQueen! Or is it Paul Newman?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I know this forum was just put up yesterday and I know that you're trying your hardest, but I have been thinking something and am hoping I'm not the only one thinking it (if I am, I may get blackballed?).

I'm wondering if anyone feels like we have less freedom here on our own site than we did just a couple of days ago on the site ran by someone else. I don't know... Little bitty avatars, no chat, less characters for subject lines (I tried to make the "What are you watching" thread, and it wouldn't fit), etc. Also, who is digicrat? I was never really informed of who the admin is.

I'm assuming other stuff is coming later, so I won't go into it.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Is anyone else having a problem with automatically being logged on when visiting the site? I tick the box every time but still have to log on each time. It might be my computer settings but it works OK for the other couple of sites I visit regularly.