The Poker Thread

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

The Poker Thread

Post by W »

I thought I'd start this up again since I won an entry for tonight's (9:00) MiniFTOPS on FullTilt. Anyone else been playing the past month or so? If so, what's your username and maybe I'll find you on FT or PS. Mine's

FT: Bill_Ross
PS: Bill_Ross2

Hopefully I don't go out in the first few spots like last time I satellited...
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: The Poker Thread

Post by Geezer »

geezer9687 on PS
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Took third in a $3 + .3 Rush Turbo Rebuy on Full Tilt for $498. What's better is I didn't rebuy or add on. My bankroll started at $50 and is now $600+. :)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Anyone on Full Tilt: I just received my first rakeback payment ($13.50). I was told I couldn't get rakeback since I already joined, but Full Tilt will. You get 27% back from the juice (the $ amount after + in tournaments) and rake (the amount of $ they take from ring games). It comes to $27 per 900 FTP (if I did my math right) you earn in non happy hour games (happy hour is counted regular for this). I wish I'd known about it earlier because I'd probably be up another couple hundred.

Each 2 FTP are counted as a penny off your rakeback, which doesn't sound like much but I was going to order a shirt for 3700 FTP and it would cost me $18.50 in rakeback. So use up all your points before you join.

The website is rakebackpros.com. Sign up and then send them an email saying you're already a member of Full Tilt, but wanted to receive rakeback.

Anyways, just a heads up

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I play on Full Tilt: my name is (duh) "Shrykespeare"

I've been too strapped lately to play for money, however.

A couple of months ago, I deposited $20, and ended up taking 7th place in a tourney with nearly 1,000 players. I ended up winning just over $100. And since that is the minimum required to "withdraw" funds, I was torn between trying to win more (and going below $100 if I failed) or pulling out the entire amount. I exercised caution and chose the latter.

Hopefully, I can start playing for wee stakes in a couple of months.

And if you haven't tried their new feature "Rush" poker, I would stronly advise against it. The lightning-fast pace is simply not conducive to winning poker, considering that you are moved to a different table after every hand.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I know, man... I'm completely addicted to Rush poker, and I keep losing at it because I won't exercise caution. I just need to stay away from it. For players that can exercise that caution, though, it has to make them a boatload of cash. In Rush, you're going to get your big hands paid off... Sometimes they'll have middle pair against your trips and call an all-in. The way to beat it is play extremely tight, or so I'm told.

That said, for some reason I just can't win at table games. I don't normally do too well at sit-n-gos, but I make money playing the MTTs.

Here's my tournament stats:
http://www.playerscope.com/Bill_Ross/Fu ... nid=2&tt=8

I didn't put any money in until Summer of '08 (my wife would have been p.o.ed) so the -$296 for 2008 is completely off of freerolls.

Let me know when you get back on, because no matter how much you play its a good idea to get the rakeback considering that its free money for something you're planning on doing anyways.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Here's a fun site I found... Pokernickname.com you answer a few questions and they assign you a nickname... I got and 'kamakaze jester' and 'smiley hammerhead'...

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I don't know what NHLE meant, W, maybe you can enlighten me.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

NLHE = No-Limit (Texas) Hold'Em (as opposed to Omaha Hold'em, which is normally just called Omaha or PLO)

That's the popular game now, so I figured that's what you played... The other (non-mixed game) one they use abbreviations for is PLO which means Pot-Limit Omaha. That's probably the #2 biggest game right now... maybe 7 Stud...

If you like action, you should play a little Omaha. You'll get a lot of it, especially pot limit.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Played in the Daily Dollar $1 buy in double stack $10000 guaranteed. I took 4th/8,143 for $450. Should have been more, but like an idiot, I called with AQ suited after a check-raise when I was the chip leader. He had KK.

I should have listened to myself, but I was playing way too loose, even for 4 handed.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Hey W, I think I might have been in the same daily dollar tournament (made it about half way). I enter it every Sunday morning my time, which would probably be Saturday arvo/evening your time.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

probably... it got over at like 4:30 AM. I didn't realize it'd take that long, well, I actually did, but it was one of those "this just started" things...

I just looked you up on playerscope.com and I played in the one on Saturday and you played in the one on Sunday... If I don't have my daughter one Sunday, I'll look you up and we can play in the Dollar, heads up, the same ring game, or whatever... I seem to accumulate all my profit in NLHE MTTs and give away money in ring games/SNGs. I assume you only play NLHE?

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Just recently started playing FTP again when I upgraded to a new computer. Sunday mornings (Australian time) is my time (the wife works on Sundays, and the kids are usually at Sunday school) so I'll probably enter that days daily dollar tourny most weeks. That would be cool if you look me up. I'll look forward to it. When I play for real money I only play NLHE (for now), but play money I play anything. HORSE and Razz being my favourites.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Besides NLHE, I like Omaha H/L and Razz. If you like a lot of action, Omaha H/L has a lot of action because it is Hold'em with 4 hole cards split into two winning hands. Pretty fun.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The November Nine (final table of the WSOP Main Event) started not too long ago. The smallest stack to start the day, Full Tilt Pro Jason Senti, has doubled up by putting the only true amateur Soi Ngyuen out in ninth place. Duhamel's first place stack hasn't moved much at all, #2 Dolan has taken a small hit, and Canadian Matthew Jarvis is now in last place by losing about a third of his chips. Everyone else is about the same or has chipped up slightly.