2018 Fantaverse Awards

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: 2018 Fantaverse Awards

Post by W »

How long do we have for Master list stuff? I’ve caught a couple I may want to add.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Deadline is Monday, so fire away!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Everything I was going to post was mentioned pretty quickly, even the one I didn’t get mentioned. So, I’ll add Patti Cake$, Hostiles, and make sure Coco gets up there.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

You're the third person to mention Coco, making it the early favorite to win the awards.

And surprisingly, Detroit is not on Hulu yet (there is an Ultraviolet code included on the Blu-ray). I'd highly recommend that one, W (I got some shit on Reddit for calling it better than Get Out). Another I'd recommend to you is Brawl in Cell Block 99. Not an Ultraviolet title but the Blu-ray's a decent price (I got mine for less then $15 the week it came out).
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I mentioned Coco because it wasn’t up on the list. Brawl in Cell Block 99 is free on Prime. I didn’t care a ton for Detroit.

My 2017 watched list: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls062996355/

jas8382
Jason Voorhees

Post by jas8382 »

I guess it's about time. There are a lot films I would have picked that are already on the list, but I still have a few films to add.
Darkest Hour
I, Tonya
Stronger
Wonder Woman

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Master List is now fully updated on the 1st page. Apologies for not adding Coco when it was first mentioned.

Moving on, The first round of voting is now officially open. You guys have until March 4th to get those ballots into me.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Great !! Thanks Tranny !

There are 11 films on the Master List I have yet to see, 7 of which will be released in theaters in France between wednesday and March 4th, so I should be able to see them.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I've now seen 95 films from 2017. So far there are 13 films from the list I haven't seen and I should have access to all but four by March 3. I can't find Ex-Lbiris anywhere (help?). Disaster Artist comes out March 13 and I'm third in line at the library for it (probably won't get to that before the 18th). 120 BPM I would have to rent on AZ or VUDU. And Phantom Thread doesn't come out until April 10 on Blu-DVD. PT is gone from theaters around here, but it's quite possible it'll pop back up pre-Oscars.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Ex-Libris was self-distributed by Frederick Wiseman and outside of the occasional TV airing or theatrical screening (the documentary was shown here twice last month), it can be hard to find his movies.

And I was sure that BPM was free with Prime.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Buscemi2 wrote:Ex-Libris was self-distributed by Frederick Wiseman and outside of the occasional TV airing or theatrical screening (the documentary was shown here twice last month), it can be hard to find his movies.

And I was sure that BPM was free with Prime.
Ex-Libris? That's a movie?

How ironic - Xlibris is the name of a vanity press that preys on first-time authors and charges them thousands of dollars to "get their book out there". I came this close to falling for it when I first started writing ... and I ended up falling for another scam. What I wouldn't give for a time machine...
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

It's a documentary about the New York Public Library system. And much like a lot of Wiseman's filmography, it's long.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Failed to mention this earlier, but you can either email your 1st-round ballot to kfcman945@yahoo.com or send me a PM (I definitely prefer this method because my e-mail folder is a perpetual clusterfuck).

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Thanks for stepping up in my absence, tranny, much appreciated. Good to know the awards can still continue in more than capable hands while I have been away.

I will try to contribute a little more to the forums over the coming months, just felt a need to take a step back recently and help my family out a little more. To that end, would it be possible to add me to the committee? I feel I've still had a good opportunity to watch enough movies in the past year, many of which are on the master list, so would like to contribute if possible.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

You're very welcome surfer and of course you can join the committee. These awards wouldn't be the same without your presence!