The Trailers Shown Before Other Movies Thread

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: The Trailers Shown Before Other Movies Thread

Post by transformers2 »

John Wick: Chapter 4 IMAX (went to a different AMC than I usually do and well let's just say that whoever is programming the trailers is just throwing shit at the wall :lol:)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Fast X
The Little Mermaid (teaser)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 (teaser)

On top of that, there was no Nicole Kidman commercial before it started. Somebody's getting excommunicated from the church of AMC!!!!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I got three horror trailers before my showing of John Wick, with the non-horror film Sisu being the studio inclusion. I am getting so tired of the Beau is Afraid trailer being on everything.

The same theatre also programmed the Boogeyman trailer before Shazam and now has to post content warnings at the door of every auditorium showing Shazam. If the narcissist in charge who wants to make the theatre his personal Netflix list weren't insistent on promoting every single horror movie and ignoring everything else, this problem would not exist. In addition, The Boogeyman apparently isn't even the suggested Disney trailer before that movie.

As for IMAX, a lot of those screens will just have programmed what trailers have IMAX blow-ups available. The two Lionsgate trailers on regular showings of John Wick might not have had DMR work done on them.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

I thought it was pretty bizarre when Cinemark played The Boogeyman trailer in front of Ant-Man, followed by a trailer for Elemental from Pixar.

That IMAX John Wick showing almost sounds like they recycled an Avatar trailer package from 3 months ago. Spider-Verse is already a stretch, but if Mario played in front of Wick I might've gotten up to make sure I was in the right auditorium. :lol:

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Interesting to hear that the Drafthouse is playing Beau is Afraid frequently. The only time I've seen it at AMC to date was in front of Cocaine Bear and based on what I'm expecting to see before it comes out, I might only see it once or twice more. It's actually kind of weird to see an A24 trailer so infrequently after getting bombarded with EEATO, Bodies Bodies Bodies and The Inspection last year.

As for The Boogeyman trailer, I'm kind of surprised they put a notice in front of Shazam to warn parents. Like the first one, Fury of the Gods has its share of creatures that could scare the shit out of small children show up in the final act, so most kids who sat through the prior installment shouldn't have any issue with this one. In my eyes at least, that trailer is pretty tame by comparison, but some customers must've disagreed.

Funnily enough, it played in front of Quantumania (which
I was admittedly surprised by) and I happened to be sitting next to a kid who couldn't have been older than 8 and he turned to his Dad after the trailer was over and asked if they could see it when it came out :lol:

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

StarLord123 wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 4:37 pm
That IMAX John Wick showing almost sounds like they recycled an Avatar trailer package from 3 months ago. Spider-Verse is already a stretch, but if Mario played in front of Wick I might've gotten up to make sure I was in the right auditorium. :lol:
I was definitely considering it once The Little Mermaid trailer start playing. Even my friend who I was with turned to me and said what the hell is going on after it started playing. Was very relieved when I saw the Lionsgate logo pop up.

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

Yeah, a content warning does seem silly for a fairly tame horror trailer (Boogeyman is confirmed to be PG-13), plus couldn't they just remove the trailer from Shazam screenings anyway? If they had accidentally placed one of the trailers for Evil Dead Rise, then perhaps a warning would be understandable.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

transformers2 wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 4:53 pm
Interesting to hear that the Drafthouse is playing Beau is Afraid frequently. The only time I've seen it at AMC to date was in front of Cocaine Bear and based on what I'm expecting to see before it comes out, I might only see it once or twice more. It's actually kind of weird to see an A24 trailer so infrequently after getting bombarded with EEATO, Bodies Bodies Bodies and The Inspection last year.

As for The Boogeyman trailer, I'm kind of surprised they put a notice in front of Shazam to warn parents. Like the first one, Fury of the Gods has its share of creatures that could scare the shit out of small children show up in the final act, so most kids who sat through the prior installment shouldn't have any issue with this one. In my eyes at least, that trailer is pretty tame by comparison, but some customers must've disagreed.

Funnily enough, it played in front of Quantumania (which
I was admittedly surprised by) and I happened to be sitting next to a kid who couldn't have been older than 8 and he turned to his Dad after the trailer was over and asked if they could see it when it came out :lol:
Most of the time I go to AMC, and I've only seen the Beau Is Afraid trailer before one movie (Knock At The Cabin, I'm believe), but I rarely see trailers for A24 movies in theaters, unless the movie I'm seeing is distributed by them (I did see the trailers for Pearl and The Inspection a few times last year, though).

As for The Boogeyman trailer, I agree that it's not that much scarier than Shazam (I haven't seen Fury Of The Gods, but I'm assuming the tone is similar to the first), but I can see why some parents might complain about the content - the tone of Shazam is mostly comedic (which probably lessens the violent/potentially frightening content to some younger audiences), as opposed to The Boogeyman. Then again, some people bring young kids to movies they have no business seeing at that age - I remember someone brought a preschooler to see the Sicario sequel.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

ROBDude
Peter Gibbons

Post by ROBDude »

Trailers before Dungeons & Dragons - Honor Among Thieves:

Spider-Man: Across The SpiderVerse
The Flash
Fast X
TMNT: Mutant Mayhem
Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts
Elemental (new trailer)
Current Film Watchlist:

Spy X Family: Code White
The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare
The Fall Guy
Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes
IF
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
The Garfield Movie

DanielTheMovieGod
Harry Tuttle

Post by DanielTheMovieGod »

Has anyone ever thought of making a Reddit and/or Discord of Trailers Shown Before Our Showings? Or is there a Reddit and/or Discord link about trailers we got in front of our showings?

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

I'm not sure if there's a specific subreddit for it, but there are threads on the Box Office and AMC A-list subs about trailers in front of specific movies.

Gabe1998
Oldboy

Post by Gabe1998 »

Trailers Before A Thousand and One:
Chevalier
Carmen
Air
Love Again
Fast X
Transformers Rise of the Beast
Polite Society
Asteroid City

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Trailers before Dungeons And Dragons... -

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Very short trailer with the other Illumination characters going to see the movie)
Elemental (New trailer)
About My Father
Spider-Man...
The Flash
Fast X
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby:
The Boogeyman
About My Father
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
The Flash
Fast X (Get Tickets Now promo)