The Trailers Shown Before Other Movies Thread

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: The Trailers Shown Before Other Movies Thread

Post by transformers2 »

The Lost City Dolby:
Where the Crawdads Sing
The Bob's Burgers Movie (MAKE IT STOP)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
The Bad Guys
Fantastic Beasts 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Top Gun: Maverick
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I saw the Bob's Burgers trailer again last night before Infinite Storm and soon realized something: the trailer gives you absolutely no idea what the film is even about. It's just a bunch of random gags and annoying characters that only the show's fans would understand. It's like Disney isn't even trying to get those unfamiliar with the show interested.

Even the Doctor Strange trailer, which is supposed to have 9,000 different plotlines happening at once in the actual producr, has some semblance of plot in its trailer.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

transformers2 wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 4:48 pm
The Lost City Dolby:
Where the Crawdads Sing
The Bob's Burgers Movie (MAKE IT STOP)
The Bad Guys
Fantastic Beasts 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Buscemi2 wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 7:51 pm
I saw the Bob's Burgers trailer again last night before Infinite Storm and soon realized something: the trailer gives you absolutely no idea what the film is even about. It's just a bunch of random gags and annoying characters that only the show's fans would understand. It's like Disney isn't even trying to get those unfamiliar with the show interested.
I've seen the Bob's Burgers trailer with everything over the past month, too. The movie looks bad, but I do enjoy the parody of those awful Carl's Jr. commercials. The trailer does do a terrible job at explaining what the movie is about, but I think the show has a sizable fanbase (the trailer recieved applause before my showing of The Batman, ironic as it probably was), and I expect it to be solid counterprogramming to Top Gun over Memorial Day weekend.

Anyways, before my print of The Lost City (which was not in Dolby), the same trailers aired but in a different order - Doctor Strange was first, followed by Where The Crawdads Sing (which plays much better on the big screen, and got a lot of talking after the preview aired about the book - expect it to be a summer sleeper hit), and then the aforementioned Bob's Burgers. The rest of the trailers were played in the same order (though I have to say that The Bad Guys looks suprisingly decent - closer to the older DreamWorks movies I grew up with than most of their recent output. It also received a good reaction from the audience, better than Sonic - which suprised me somewhat) The only trailers that seemed to have little audience reception were The Unbearable Weight... and Sonic.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Bob's Burgers' only major success was on streaming. The show has never been a big success using traditional metrics, only finding an audience when Netflix got the streaming rights. What really makes little sense is that Disney decided that a film that would have had its biggest success on streaming would work as a theatrical release while Turning Red, a film made for theatres, was only released into a single theatre for Oscar consideration but placed onto Disney+ otherwise. That film also had an awful trailer but considering the power struggle between Disney and Pixar, I'm now convinced Disney cut a bad trailer on purpose in an attempt to sabotage the film and force a merger between Disney Animation and Pixar (if so, it didn't work).

What also doesn't make sense in making a feature out of Bob's Burgers is that previous adaptations of animated TV shows in recent memory haven't worked. My Little Pony didn't work. Teen Titans Go didn't work. Dragon Ball Z and My Hero Academia opened well but dropped fast. The whole thing feels like Fox Television's way of saying "Well, we couldn't get the Family Guy movie or the Simpsons Movie sequels off the ground so what else do we have?". This film probably has $20 million in it at most. That Secret Life of Pets ripoff with Krypto the Superdog seems more necessary.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Buscemi2 wrote:
March 27th, 2022, 3:31 pm
Bob's Burgers' only major success was on streaming. The show has never been a big success using traditional metrics, only finding an audience when Netflix got the streaming rights. What really makes little sense is that Disney decided that a film that would have had its biggest success on streaming would work as a theatrical release while Turning Red, a film made for theatres, was only released into a single theatre for Oscar consideration but placed onto Disney+ otherwise. That film also had an awful trailer but considering the power struggle between Disney and Pixar, I'm now convinced Disney cut a bad trailer on purpose in an attempt to sabotage the film and force a merger between Disney Animation and Pixar (if so, it didn't work).

What also doesn't make sense in making a feature out of Bob's Burgers is that previous adaptations of animated TV shows in recent memory haven't worked. My Little Pony didn't work. Teen Titans Go didn't work. Dragon Ball Z and My Hero Academia opened well but dropped fast. The whole thing feels like Fox Television's way of saying "Well, we couldn't get the Family Guy movie or the Simpsons Movie sequels off the ground so what else do we have?". This film probably has $20 million in it at most. That Secret Life of Pets ripoff with Krypto the Superdog seems more necessary.
I still don't know why they never made a Family Guy movie. That would have been a huge deal if it was made around 2013-2014, or earlier in the decade. It probably would have done similar numbers to The Simpsons Movie, if not Ted (which kind of played as a Family Guy movie). Even 5 years ago, I think it could have done 80 m or so.

Image courtesy of -

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

The Batman:
Bullet Train
Nope
The Bob's Burgers Movie
DC League of Superpets
Elvis
Fantastic Beasts 3

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Screen203 wrote:
March 27th, 2022, 4:43 pm
Buscemi2 wrote:
March 27th, 2022, 3:31 pm

I still don't know why they never made a Family Guy movie. That would have been a huge deal if it was made around 2013-2014, or earlier in the decade. It probably would have done similar numbers to The Simpsons Movie, if not Ted (which kind of played as a Family Guy movie). Even 5 years ago, I think it could have done 80 m or so.
I think MacFarlane lost interest. He's largely been away from the show since the revival, focusing on his other projects while treating his initial success as a paying gig nowadays, and after A Million Ways to Die in the West flopped and Ted 2 underperformed, he probably just didn't want to be confined to the shorter schedules of film projects, having to juggle multiple jobs instead of sharing the work load with a team of writers, directors, and other creative talent.

Also, the show's basically been running on fumes for the past decade or so, existing mainly because it, along with many of Fox's other animated series, print money. Same thing happened with King of the Hill, though many will tell you that show was screwed by the network. No show that runs thirteen seasons is screwed by its own network.

ROBDude
Peter Gibbons

Post by ROBDude »

Trailers before Morbius:

Lightyear
Nope
The Northman
Bullet Train
Father Stu
The Bob’s Burgers Movie
Current Film Watchlist:

Spy X Family: Code White
The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare
The Fall Guy
Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes
IF
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
The Garfield Movie

Gabe1998
Oldboy

Post by Gabe1998 »

Trailers Before The Lost City:

Dr. Strange In the Multiverse of Madness
Where the Crawdads Sing
The Bobs Burgers Movie
Downtown Abbey a New Era
The Bad Guys
Fantastic Beast The Secrets of Dumbledore
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Top Gun Maverick

Trailers Before Morbius:

The Bobs Burgers Movie
FireStarter
Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Top Gun Maverick
The Northman
Fantastic Beast The Secrets of Dumbledore
Spider Man Across the Spider Verse Part One
Bullet Train

kermitkid
The McMannus Brothers

Post by kermitkid »

Trailers before Morbius:
Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore
Lightyear (latest trailer)
Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
The Bad Guys
Stay fresh, cheese bags

kermitkid
The McMannus Brothers

Post by kermitkid »

Trailers before Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (pre screening in select cities):
Lightyear (old trailer)
DC Superpets (old trailer)

That’s it. Wonder if it’s because I went to the older/local theater closer to my house instead of the nicer theater I almost always go to
Stay fresh, cheese bags

ROBDude
Peter Gibbons

Post by ROBDude »

Trailers before Sonic The Hedgehog 2:

Jurassic World: Dominion
Minions: The Rise Of Gru
DC League Of Super Pets
The Bad Guys
Top Gun: Maverick (1st trailer)
Paws Of Fury: The Legend Of Hank (AKA Blazing Samurai)
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Lightyear
Current Film Watchlist:

Spy X Family: Code White
The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare
The Fall Guy
Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes
IF
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
The Garfield Movie

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Regal)

Lightyear
Minions: The Rise of Gru
The Bad Guys
Top Gun: Maverick (new)
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank

StarLord123 wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog (at Cinemark):

I can't remember the last time a trailer for the same movie played in theaters before one movie AND its sequel. Outside of trailers in front of disconnected MCU movies.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

StarLord123 wrote:
April 8th, 2022, 4:36 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Regal)

Lightyear
The Bad Guys
Top Gun: Maverick (new)

StarLord123 wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog (at Cinemark):

I can't remember the last time a trailer for the same movie played in theaters before one movie AND its sequel. Outside of trailers in front of disconnected MCU movies.
What a piece of COVID history :lol:

Everything Everywhere All at Once:
Petite Maman (new)
Bullet Train
Nope
The Bob's Burgers Movie (the projector had a bizarre freakout that only lasted for the duration of this trailer where the picture was effectively alternating between normal and a bright orange/brown, which actually made it tolerable!)
Dual
Marcel the Shell with Shoes On
Men (redband)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Dolby:
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part 1
Fantastic Beasts 3
Lightyear
The Bad Guys

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Trailers before Everything, Everywhere, All At Once -

Bullet Train
Nope
The Bob's Burgers Movie
Doctor Strange...
The Northman
The Unbearable Weight... (Green-band trailer)
Marcel The Shell...
Men (New red-band trailer)

I have to wonder why AMC plays the green-band for Unbearable Weight before R-rated movies.

Image courtesy of -