The Road (2nd Trailer)

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

The Road (2nd Trailer)

Post by mateostarr »

This is a pretty bad trailer. It uses the same corny music they have been using in previews for decades and they even use that weird sound of a man screaming? That being said I will be seeing the movie and have some hopes for it. I loved this directors other movie The Proposition, Viggo is always good and I always like the music of Nick Cave.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810037227/video/16377428

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: The Road (2nd Trailer)

Post by Buscemi »

This trailer reeks of straight-to-video quality. Luckily it's only running with the Halloween II reissue so it will only get limited exposure.

Also, I agree about the Howie scream. I didn't understand the use of it in either trailer and often, using it is a sign that your film will suck.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I thought it was called the "Wilhelm Scream".
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The Wilhelm Scream sounds different than the Howie scream. The Wilhelm Scream is lower pitched and less dramatic than the Howie Scream.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Post by mateostarr »

Where the hell did that stupid scream come from?

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The Wilhelm Scream came from the Warner Bros. Sound Department in the 1950's. Ben Burtt started using it as an in-joke in the films that he did the sound effects for (most notably Star Wars and Indiana Jones).

The Howie Scream was created in the 1990's by another sound department and got its name from Howie Long, who had his own scream redubbed with said scream in Broken Arrow.

The trailer for The Road uses the Howie Scream.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It looks good to me... Resembles the book much more than the first. The bad thing about it is that they showed the ending. I wish it didn't show Pearce and Duvall. I didn't hear the scream you guys are talking about, though.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Yeah I didn't hear it either, so I don't think the common moviegoer is going to care. I don't get the bashing of the trailer.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Besides the wife/mom (Charlize Theron) being in it so much, it looked like it was adapted pretty accurately. And I like this trailer better than the first one because the first one looked like it was trying to be 2012 and this one looked like a father/son relationship (which is the whole point of the book).
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.