Trailer: The Town

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Trailer: The Town

Post by Buscemi »

Ben Affleck's follow-up to Gone Baby Gone, though I think he should have stuck to writing and directing instead of starring as well.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Trailer: The Town

Post by numbersix »

Wow, that's one hell of a spoiler int he trailer. Hope it comes early in the film or else someone really dropped the ball.

Flick looks okay, but I wasn't a fan of Gone Baby Gone. I'll wait for the reviews before I go to see it.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Seems to remind me of Heat from what I saw. May just be stylistically, but I definitely felt and influence there. And I don't think that was really a spoiler six, it seems like it happens very early on in the movie and it allows us to follow the progression of the relationship with us knowing this factor.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I kind of got the idea that Affleck is an undercover agent part of a sting operation to catch the enemy. Similar to Keanu in Point Break.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

No, I believe Affleck is a guy who wants to quit the scene but has to do that 'one last job'. I guess Rebecca Hall is held hostage in the first ten minutes or so of the movie by him and his crew while they rob the bank, but he later becomes involved with her. I think the FBI are using Affleck's previous girlfriend to infiltrate the group, though I could be well off base.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

I agree with Surfer's guess of what happens. Anyways I think this looks amazing. One of the films I am most excited about for the rest of the year.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

it looks alright, but it just seems like a whole lot is given away in the trailer.