Trailer: Devil

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Trailer: Devil

Post by Buscemi »

Just days after the film moved up its release date from February 11th to September 17th, Devil has a trailer out. Amazingly enough, Shyamalan's name is all over the trailer despite Universal claiming that his involvement would be downplayed in the film's ads (due to poor reception on The Happening and The Last Airbender). You think that more emphasis would have been put on the fact that the director and producer did Quarantine.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Trailer: Devil

Post by numbersix »

But isn't Quarantine meant to be very poor? Anyway, despite M Night being involved, this actually looks kinda cool.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

I gotta be honest, this looks awesome. I'll probably see it and like it, I have yet to feel overly burned by any of M Night's work, though admittedly, if in the end the bad guy turns out to be the gulf oil spill.. I will probably be upset :D
I don't see why people from Quarantine would have even remotely as much draw as M Night, even if people just want to see his next trainwreck it will still do decently, the average person hasn't even heard of quarantine much less the people who were involved in making it.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Quarantine grossed $32 million and did even better on DVD. So it didn't do all that bad.

Also, putting Shyamalan's name in the trailer has been causing a negative effect. People actually think that Shyamalan directed the film instead of being just being a producer on it (The Night Chronicles was formed by Shyamalan to produce, not direct, low-budget titles, similar to Sam Raimi's Ghost House and Joel Silver's Dark Castle). Now everyone is expecting a dumb twist.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Well, from looking at the trailer there IS going to be a dumb twist, so that would have worked

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

The first thing I when I saw this is what is the dumb twist going to be. I think this looks awful but it most likely end up being hysterical so I will most likely see it.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!