Trailer: Starwatcher (unfinished Ridley Scott/Moebius film)

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Trailer: Starwatcher (unfinished Ridley Scott/Moebius film)

Post by Buscemi »

In 1991, Paramount Pictures, producer Ridley Scott and artist Moebius (who would co-write and co-direct) announced a project that would be the first feature-length film to be entirely computer-animated (beating Toy Story by a year and a half). The film would be called Starwatcher and it was budgeted at $25 million and was expected to be ready for a Spring 1994 release. Vangelis even recorded a score for the film, which was expected to be a breakthrough in science fiction and animation.

So what happened to the film?

It was never finished. Some animation was completed but somewhere along the way, Paramount pulled the plug and the movie was never released in any shape or form. However, a trailer was released. This is a five-minute promo reel created in 1992 to express interest in the project. For 1992, the animation is pretty impressive. It's probably outdated now but it still holds up well.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Re: Trailer: Starwatcher (unfinished Ridley Scott/Moebius film)

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Maybe they realized how stupid a hat this bloke was wearing!

Animation might have been ok, but really, Toy Story craps all over this in its first 5 minutes.

Very, how shall i put it....meh
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale