Invictus

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Invictus

Post by mateostarr »

I have mixed feelings...but thats good. I like that I will go into this without any expectations. Well at least until the positive or negative buzz starts to build.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: Invictus

Post by Shrykespeare »

About.... freakin'.... time. This is the Academy's chance to redeem themselves for snubbing Gran Torino so thoroughly last year.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Reminds me a lot of The Last King of Scotland. I really wished they would've just made a straight forward Nelson Mandela biopic and not do it through this rugby thing. Looks.....promising though. Doesn't seem terribly exciting or good really, but with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon being directed by Clint Eastwood, it will be both.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The only thing it has in common with Last King of Scotland is that it has Africans and Europeans in it and its a historical piece. It's about rebuilding rather than destroying. And is about a

Anyways, it is two of my three or four favorite genres (true sports stories and a real historical piece--20th century). It's two of the best actors in the business. It's what looks to be a great performance as one of the truly great leaders of our time. Its one of the greatest directors in history (I forgive you for Blood Work, Clint). In no way would I be surprised that this was the big Oscar winner this year as well as one of my favorite films of all time.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

It reminded me of Last King of Scotland because instead of doing a straight biopic of an African leader (Idi Amin, Nelson Mandela), they use a sort of filter story surrounding a white guy troubles (James McAvoy being Idi Amin's doctor, Matt Damon and the World Cup). I just hope Freeman gets more screentime than Forest Whitaker got...
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife