Trailer: Watcher

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Trailer: Watcher

Post by Screen203 »

Looks good so far - Maika Monroe is one of the most underrated actor working today.

Is IFC going to try to take this wide?
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Trailer: Watcher

Post by Buscemi2 »

Shudder has co-distribution rights so I would guess it might be semi-wide for a weekend and then on Shudder as Fall approaches.

It would make no sense to go wide as this isn't 2015 and only hardcore fans still remember Monroe's performance in It Follows. The only current scream queen with any sort of career momentum right now is Andrea Riseborough.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Re: Trailer: Watcher

Post by Screen203 »

Buscemi2 wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 7:51 pm
Shudder has co-distribution rights so I would guess it might be semi-wide for a weekend and then on Shudder as Fall approaches.

It would make no sense to go wide as this isn't 2015 and only hardcore fans still remember Monroe's performance in It Follows. The only current scream queen with any sort of career momentum right now is Andrea Riseborough.
I don't necessarily expect much for it or Men box office wise. If any horror film besides Nope this summer breaks out, it will be The Black Phone. It Follows didn't do that well wide to begin with, and I can't imagine audiences at the time were huge on it. IFC rarely (if ever) goes wide initially with their films, but maybe they see an opening on the 3rd.

I disagree on the second point - Jenna Ortega is a rising star based mostly off of horror films.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/