Trailer: The Northman

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Trailer: The Northman

Post by transformers2 »

HOLY SHIT
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Re: Trailer: The Northman

Post by JohnErle »

I love the visuals, but I hope there's more to the story than this trailer implies. So far, all I'm seeing is Conan The Barbarian with a healthy dose of Inigo Montoya. Eggers hasn't steered me wrong yet, so hopefully the film will deliver.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Eggers got $110 million to make this one. I'd imagine he had to make something that has a shot of making money.

If this is a hit, Eggers probably becomes Universal or Disney's Villeneuve: an acclaimed filmmaker they can easily turn into a run-of-the-mill hack that still gets film snob cred.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

I imagine the film is more artsy/slow-paced than the trailer makes it look. Focus has a history of misleading trailers - for example, they sold the remake of The Beguiled as a thriller and The Little Stranger as a horror film (the two films - more so the latter - arguably have elements of those genres, but they are mainly dramas.)

I think the movie actually looks good (although I'm not huge on the director or films about the time period), but I will probably wait for reviews to come out.

As for the budget, the film looks expensive, but I wouldn't have expected it to cost 110 m.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

The estimated budget is reportedly $50-60 mil, not $110. That inflated number got floated there a while back by some unchecked source and Boosh just keeps running with it for whatever reason
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Studios lie about production budgets all the time. Either they don't include costs for prints and advertising or they will use accounting techniques for later so they claim something is still in the red while the grosses claim they are in the black. The only people that really know what a movie costs are the studios themselves and they will fudge the numbers to avoid scrunity (case in point, The Irishman was claimed to cost $180 million but was later revealed to be closer to $230 million and that was before the promotional costs, which were likely another $40-50 million). And by the time The Northman is released in April, the budget will be more $110 million than $60 million.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.