Trailer: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Trailer: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Spectre »

Awesome teaser. Weird choice for a title but we don't know why they picked it yet so I won't judge too much...

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Trailer: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Post by numbersix »

If they bring back The Emperor as suggested then we may as well stay at home and rewatch Return of the Jedi as it's going to be the exact same film

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Rise of Skywalker seems like a fanfic title, but then again that's basically what JJ has been doing so I'm not surprised.

I wonder how much of The Last Jedi they're going to throw out of the window? All of it?
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

If they reveal Rey is a Skywalker then I'll despair. That will just be JJ at his very worst, trying to please fanboys in the worst possible way. Which he is capable of ("make the Death Star a Death Cube!!!!!")

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

J.J., if you feed the incels and trolls, they'll just complain more when it's not you handling things. It's just like Zack Snyder thanking the Snydercut community instead of calling them out for their shit like he should have.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

completely agree, I know i'm in the minority, but at least Last Jedi tried to do something different.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Agreed on Last Jedi. I've never been a huge fan of Star Wars (blasphemy, I know), but the best ones are always the darker, more complex chapters. The reaction fanboys had to Last Jedi shows that they really only want a more misogynistic remake of the originals.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

This name calling shit really gets on my nerves. Everyone has to be so negative all the time, put people/fan bases down, and make them all out to be the very fringes of society. You can't like or dislike this or that or you're an incel, troll, racist, Nazi, misogynist. Both movies are headlined by the same woman, but if you don't like only the second one you think women should be second rate citizens? I've seen someone say if you liked Bohemian Rhapsody, you're "Worse than Trump." So if you like a movie where an Egyptian Coptic American person wins an Oscar for playing a gay minority you're racist and against immigration?

Maybe it's something I don't understand culturally or something?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

The complaints on Bohemian Rhapsody seemed to be more over the factual inaccuracies than anything and that the surviving members wanted to make the movie about them. Who would watch a movie about what Brian May and Roger Taylor were up to during Live Aid? Freddie was Queen.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

W wrote:This name calling shit really gets on my nerves. Everyone has to be so negative all the time, put people/fan bases down, and make them all out to be the very fringes of society. You can't like or dislike this or that or you're an incel, troll, racist, Nazi, misogynist. Both movies are headlined by the same woman, but if you don't like only the second one you think women should be second rate citizens? I've seen someone say if you liked Bohemian Rhapsody, you're "Worse than Trump." So if you like a movie where an Egyptian Coptic American person wins an Oscar for playing a gay minority you're racist and against immigration?

I'm not talking about every Star Wars fan, and I don't think that if you disliked Last Jedi that you are alt-right/MRA. I'm just pointing out that vocal minority who opposes movies for sexist reasons.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

W wrote:This name calling shit really gets on my nerves. Everyone has to be so negative all the time, put people/fan bases down, and make them all out to be the very fringes of society. You can't like or dislike this or that or you're an incel, troll, racist, Nazi, misogynist. Both movies are headlined by the same woman, but if you don't like only the second one you think women should be second rate citizens? I've seen someone say if you liked Bohemian Rhapsody, you're "Worse than Trump." So if you like a movie where an Egyptian Coptic American person wins an Oscar for playing a gay minority you're racist and against immigration?

Completely agree with you, it's like people can't disagree anymore. and if you do disagree, there's something inherently wrong with you. not like art is subjective or anything

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Funny, in a post about the newest Star Wars film, we've pinpointed exactly what is wrong with America today.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Brockster wrote:Funny, in a post about the newest Star Wars film, we've pinpointed exactly what is wrong with America today.
It's seriously like one side still wants to use the homophobic, anti-woman, racist slurs of the 90's while the other side says "We're better than you. We mean the same thing, but our verbage is updated because we're inclusive you Nazi cuck incel!" But it's ten thousand teens on each side that do this and those ten thousand obviously each speak for half of America. For instance, "Incel" is seriously the new "fag." Same meaning "I'm challenging your manhood" but it's ok to say because it isn't offensive! That guy over there is offensive, not me! Please protect me from that man!

If you want "the others" to change, change your tone, think a bit instead about what you're saying and who you're saying it to/about, and treat people decently please. I don't understand how people can't see this.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.