Trailer: Holmes & Watson

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Trailer: Holmes & Watson

Post by Buscemi2 »

This certainly won't win over those who loved the Robert Downey Jr. films or the Benedict Cumberbatch series. Maybe the fans of Elementary will like it though.

It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: Trailer: Holmes & Watson

Post by Shrykespeare »

I'm a fan of Elementary. This does not appeal to me. It looks like the silliest Holmes rendition since Without a Clue with Michael Caine and Ben Kingsley. If I see it, it will be out of morbid curiosity because I love Sherlock Holmes, always have. But this... I see this trailer and get Leslie Nielsen flashbacks.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I'm reminded of an Americanized, historical version of The Brothers Grimsby, that Sacha Baron Cohen movie Sony kept delaying until finally dumping it. And this has also been delayed a few times (I don't think this one will get cut to under 90 minutes just to achieve an R rating though).

And Emily Blunt needs to start letting Rebecca Hall have some of her roles. One actress can't hog all of the good Hollywood roles for English actress past 30.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I don't think it's going for the Sherlock Holmes fans, pretty sure this is more of a 'Step Brothers world type of movie', and it's those fans they are trying to appeal to.

and yes, Emily Blunt definitely decides for which movies she gets hired for and is being selfish for not hiring rebecca hall.

kermitkid
The McMannus Brothers

Post by kermitkid »

This could either be PG-13, or turn R very very quickly
Stay fresh, cheese bags

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Hmmm...I'm wanting to like this a lot, but this looks stupid :( Was hopeful for this one in my draft, but based on what I'm seeing here I don't think it will get the 100M I was hoping for when I drafted it.