Trailer: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Trailer: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Post by Shrykespeare »

Finally, a Michael Cera movie that I actually WANT to see!

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Trailer: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Post by numbersix »

It looks like the most mental movie ever. I've compared movies to being like video games before, but this IS a video game. IT could be good, it could be awful, it's kinda hard to tell from that, but I am intrigued

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

wow that looks awesome, and also, that chick is super hot, where did she come from?
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

BarcaRulz
The Genie

Post by BarcaRulz »

I'm looking forward to this one. Looks like it could be a fun night out.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

This would look a lot better had Simon Pegg played the lead.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think it would be difficult for Pegg to pull of a 23 year old. I fully trust Wright with this, as I have since seeing the first episode of Spaced, and hopefully the psycho video game look will be balanced out with a good story (as was the case with Shaun Of The Dead balancing horror/ romance/ comedy and Hot Fuzz). Along with Inception and the now seen Kick Ass, this has been in my top 3 most anticipated movies of the year for a while and my hopes are still very high.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

But with Pegg, it would be at least 90% more likely to be good. Michael Cera has always been a one-note actor. (And it's never good when everyone around you is better than you, like in Superbad. Hell, Emma Stone and Bill Hader actually seemed good compared to Cera.)
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

But they would have to change the entire story to fit around Pegg's obvious age gap. If Pegg was so important I'm sure they could have done something like what Gregg Mottola did with Seth Rogen in Superbad and just had him as a secondary character. Nevertheless, I think Cera is okay, and there are enough decent actors around him to support him anyway. Plus, this is Edgar Wright, you just cannot go wrong with him.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

But what if it ends up like Kevin Smith's Cop Out (in which he didn't have his regulars appear or write the basic script causing the film to be total shit)?

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think Edgar Wright is a hell of a lot more talented than Kevin Smith. The comic itself is very good, and Wright has an ability with these sorts of movies to translate well. If you have seen some of Spaced you will know what I mean. And when was the last time Kevin Smith actually made a good movie? Wright is firing on all cylinders still while Smith seems to have totally lost his knack (despite me being a fan of him). And anyway, I still think Edgar Wright (though aided by Pegg and Frost) is the real talent behind the Spaced and Cornetto series' success. His writing and directing are second to none in his field.