The Avengers Trailer

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: The Avengers Trailer

Post by Buscemi »

It was part of the deal for Paramount to give up the rights to Iron Man 3. They also get 9% of the worldwide gross from that one.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

I can't say that trailer gets me excited.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

thswrestler160
Private Pyle

Post by thswrestler160 »

yeah disney is distributing avengers but part of the deal they made included them using paramount's name on it. so basically disney does all the work paramount gets the cred and 115$ million dollars guaranteed not a bad deal I say.

Also I thought the teaser wasn't super exciting but I bet when the real one comes out it'll be alot better and I doubt that they would show all the whedon charm in the trailer. Its great stuff just doesn't make a good trailer. not that they did.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Whedon is overrated and from his previous film, I saw an unoriginal plot and boring characters. And River Tam may be one of the dumbest and most unlikeable heroes in movie history (the whole time, I was wanting the villains to kill her). Had any other director made it, it would be realized as the weak Star Wars imitator that it really is.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

thswrestler160
Private Pyle

Post by thswrestler160 »

boosh Angel, Spike, Dr. Horrible, Mal and a few others might have a few things to say to you in regards to their creators.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Buffy was also overrated. The people who did the movie were right to do rewrites and turn into a comedy. It's simply too stupid of an idea to take it seriously.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Buscemi wrote:Buffy was also overrated. The people who did the movie were right to do rewrites and turn into a comedy.
Yeah, and that film did so well critically and commerically. Oh, wait.....
Buscemi wrote:It's simply too stupid of an idea to take it seriously.

Well, it's not like Whedon made the series into The Wire or something. It ensured it was relatively light and self-consciously so.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

When the Buffy movie came out, the horror genre was dead. No one was watching serious horror (unless it had adult appeal, such as the Coppola version of Dracula) and audiences preferred horror that was light-hearted (such as Death Becomes Her, which opened the exact same day). Had they filmed Whedon's original script, it would have been an unwatchable mess that would have likely gone straight-to-video. As a spoof, it's actually entertaining.

Meanwhile the series (based on the original script) is a boring Kolchak imitator that takes itself way too seriously. The premise just asks to be made fun of.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Have you actually seen the Buffy series? It's nothing like Kolchak!

And the Buffy film IS an unwatchable mess. As a spoof it's about as entertaining as a Friedberg and Seltzer flick.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I have seen the series. It's boring and just like the rest of the teen-aimed shit that WB and UPN was producing at the time. And the premise is basically the plot to The Night Stalker in a high school but without the humor.

thswrestler160
Private Pyle

Post by thswrestler160 »

The Buffy movie was absolute trash. And you're really comparing a tv show to a 1972 movie because it was about dealing with the local vampire problem? You do realize there were 7 seasons of buffy right? And another 5 of Angel. Almost none of which deal with the same subject of said movie. If anything Night stalker sounds more like Supernatural to me. If anyone hasn't seen it here's the description:

Carl Kolchak is a newspaper reporter with an abrasive personality that has gotten him fired ten times from various big-city papers. Now he's reduced to reporting for a relatively small-time paper in Las Vegas. It's here he gets the story of his life. But will the local sheriff, or the D.A., or even his own boss, let him print it? He has an ally in the FBI agent brought in to investigate this strange case. It seems someone is biting the necks of young girls and draining their blood. Can this killer with supernormal powers really be a 70-year-old Rumanian millionaire? Can he really be a vampire? And can an aging reporter do anything to stop him?

Sound like Buffy to anyone? Didn't think so. Also you may not have realized this when you were watching what sounds like 2-3 episodes out of 145 but Buffy was actually quite funny, Angel even more so. Whedon has his own brand of intelligent humor which Many people appreciate and actually get.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Whedon's humor screams "look at me, I'm pretentious and hip". It was the same type of humor that every teen movie or show was doing in the 1990's. Clueless did it. The works of Kevin Williamson did it. Every movie that wants created to capture what the 1990's were like did it. It's not any different.

What makes Buffy any different?

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

New trailer for The Avengers. Starting to look better and better, but the sound effects and slo-mo running really remind me of a Transformers movie...

Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

i didn't think this before, but this definitely will be one of the highest grossing films of the year, depends on what TDKR does.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

It has always been a contender for one of the biggest openings ever but I can't see it holding in later weeks.