The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Remake Trailer

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Remake Trailer

Post by Buscemi »

silversurfer19 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:I think it will be a $50 million ceiling. A long, dark, R-rated thriller isn't what audiences want during Christmas.
Yeah, I mean, just look at how Black Swan fared....

And Rooney's accent is pretty good. I've met quite a few Swedish people over the years and that's a close a resemblance to the accent as could be expected. Don't let your own vendetta's get in the way of facts Boussh.

Regarding BO potential, I think the trailer is intriguing, and despite it's length doesn't really give very much away of the movie at all. How that translates to it's BO potential yet I don't know. There is a lot of stiff competition and at least one movie has to underwhelm. It could be this, it could be War Horse, it may be Tintin. Heck, going by the general underwhelming performances of animations this year it could even be Alvin.
But Black Swan was more horror-oriented (similar to Scream) and had a manageable run time. Also, it had that sex scene hyped up months in advance. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has none of that.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Yeah, Black Swan was comparable to Scream... Do you need a bigger shovel for that hole. Come on, you just said people don't want dark thrillers during Christmas and forgot the one which was hugely successful just last year. Admit when you are mistaken for once. And Dragon Tattoo does have sex appeal, you've seen the early posters, you've seen the original. Everyone who watched the original knows of the sexual content so if that was a factor it would be well in the circles of knowledge.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Black Swan and Scream are comparable since they were horror-flavored movies that appealed to teens and adults and had great reviews. A lot of critics aren't going to go crazy for this movie since they aren't big on remakes and the original was released just a year before.

As for the sex appeal, this film didn't have the year-in-advance hype of two well-known actresses having a graphic sex scene together. In fact, much of the sex appeal feels forced (by Fincher, no less) in an attempt to create controversy and there are some people who really don't get the same vibes that they got with Portman on a heavily made-up Mara.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Okay, believe what you want. I'll leave you here to dwell on what you're saying with your shovel.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

In recent memory, name me one more example other than Black Swan where a dark movie did well as Christmastime.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I haven't seen the first one. I have no idea of the plot. And from watching this trailer, though long, I found it to be QUITE ambiguous. I really don't think I know much of anything going in. I just think it looks pretty bad ass.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Buscemi wrote:In recent memory, name me one more example other than Black Swan where a dark movie did well as Christmastime.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

having seen the original, i would also agree that the trailer, (which is almost 4 minutes long) gives very little away, wherein most trailers give away everything in a minute and a half. It basically sets up the first act.

As for it being R rated, your just grasping at straws, r rated films have been doing pretty well in all genres.

lastly comparing Black Swan to Scream, what have you been smoking??? :shock: ;)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Black Swan and Scream comparisons:

- both were low-budget genre films that opened during the Christmas season
- both came from traditionally unsuccessful genres (Black Swan had the serious dance film, Scream had the horror comedy)
- both had female leads
- both built acclaim from great reviews and strong teenage/young adult fanbases as well as adult audiences
- both successfully mixed the horror genres with other genres to appeal to different audiences (Black Swan added drama and thriller, Scream added comedy)
- neither was expected to do as well as they did

It's not that unusual when you think about it.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Buscemi wrote:And I would call you biased towards the original. You probably didn't like it because it made money.
Surely you can see that you're clutching at straws with that one. You're making assumptions, I've never ever judged a film based on its money or lack thereof, and even if I did, it would have nothign to do with my argument at hand. You're getting petty now, and frankly I'm disappointed.

MisterInformative
Juno MacGuff

Post by MisterInformative »

Now?

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I can't wait to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo opening, not because I desperately want to see the film (I haven't seen the Swedish TV movie released in theater that looked too much like a TV movie, nor have read the books), I do want to see it but because it's Fincher... no, I can't wait to see it open so that our friend Boosch stop making a fool of himself when writing about it.
The money the original made that would make us biased (seriously ??????) ? Black Swan being more like Scream (??) and thus not eligible to be compared with the Fincher film ? The accents, again ? Dude, change the record ;)
That hatred, or indifference, call it as you want, towards this film, it really is... I don't even know what to say.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

ARoode
Harry Tuttle

Post by ARoode »

It would be foolish not to have this movie on your slates.
"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." -- Dag Hammarskjold

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Depends on the price, Roodey ;)

One thing I should add to the R-Rated debate.... Girl does deal with darker elements than both Black Swan and I am Legend. While all three are "dark", Black Swan is more schlocky sexploitation, Legend is more blockbuster action, while Girl deals with issues of (murder, abuse, and rape). Not that I think the film will bomb, but there could be a limit to its success over the Christmas holidays.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

This looks awesome, I have feeling this is going to be nominated for quite a few Oscars.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!