Trailer: The Help

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Trailer: The Help

Post by Buscemi »

A miscast Emma Stone in a been there, seen that film obviously inspired by The Blind Side and The Secret Life of Bees. No wonder why this is not being released as Oscar bait.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: Trailer: The Help

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

It's based on a huge book, so it might do well. But it doesn't look too good, it very much reminds me of The Blind Side where the movie is about race but at the same time glazes over it with a PG-13 middle America gloss.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

i think it looks interesting. secret life of bees and blond side were both great, so if this is anywhere as good as those two then i might even go see this in theaters. and emma stone doesn't look miscast.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I agree. Emma Stone proved she can carry a film, so why not? Why do you think she's miscast, Boosh?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

She doesn't seem right playing a late twenty/thirty-something author. Her last film had her as a high school student and she usually plays teenagers. Also, some of her scenes come off as an imitation of Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

well that won julia roberts an oscar, so.... really though, we know you have a certain distaste for emma stone, so maybe this just isn't your type of movie, or any movie she is in.