Clash of the Titans

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: Clash of the Titans

Post by Buscemi »

To date, only one video game adaptation has grossed over $100 million (the first Tomb Raider). In the past five years, the highest grossing video game adaptation grossed only $51 million (Resident Evil: Apocalypse). Prince Of Persia will be lucky to hit even $75 million.

As for Clash Of The Titans, I just can't see 300: Greek Myths doing that well now.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I bet you couldn't see 300 doing that well either....

And Prince of Persia is destroyed by casting Jake faggy Gyllenhall as the lead in an action movie! Holy shit who's idea was that!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Well back when 300 came out, I did not see or hear any buzz at all (but then again, I live in an area that seemed to be more interested in the new Larry the Cable Guy movie than a music video about a forgotten battle). Plus, 300 was far lesser known than Sin City. But now, the 300 thing has been so overdone to the point that people are likely tired of it (YouTube and Meet The Spartans made sure of that).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Geezer wrote:
And Prince of Persia is destroyed by casting Jake faggy Gyllenhall as the lead in an action movie! Holy shit who's idea was that!
Didn't people say the same thing about Matt Damon being cast in the Bourne movies? Or when Heath Ledger was cast in The Dark Knight? Or James McAvoy in Wanted? Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man? Hugh Jackman in X-Men? Liam Neeson in Taken? Will Smith in Independence Day? Keanu Reeves in The Matrix? And, to an extremely lesser extent, Keira Knightley in Domino?

Then, on the other hand, you've got Colin Farrell in Alexander.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

delfinasu
Al Czervick

Post by delfinasu »

Buscemi wrote:Well back when 300 came out, I did not see or hear any buzz at all
I don't believe that 300 trailer didn't generate any buzz at all... it was one of the most viewed trailer of that year, people were chatting about it... a LOT!... it was one of the most anticipating movies of that year... I didn't thought either that 300 would have the power to surpass $200M, BUT I was wrong. I was a little conservative - 100-max 150... This is also the range that I think about it when I'm looking at their trailers... BUT who knows? :)

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Didn't people say the same thing about Matt Damon being cast in the Bourne movies? Or when Heath Ledger was cast in The Dark Knight? Or James McAvoy in Wanted? Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man? Hugh Jackman in X-Men? Liam Neeson in Taken? Will Smith in Independence Day? Keanu Reeves in The Matrix? And, to an extremely lesser extent, Keira Knightley in Domino?

Then, on the other hand, you've got Colin Farrell in Alexander.
To respond to all of them:
Matt Damon is awesome, why would anyone say that?
The Dark Knight was never going to fail. People may have thought it an interesting choice, but then he was also a pretty beloved actor. Then he died and it exploded and as it turned out, perfect casting.
Was Wanted ever really supposed to be big? I don't think so. It exceeded its expectations, and James McAvoy wasn't the reason, but at least this one is a good point, so I'll give you that. You wouldn't think he could do a balls out action movie and he did great in it.
X-Men, like any other comic book movie, can not fail due to poor casting. Plus, its an ensemble movie as it was. Also, who says Hugh Jackman isn't the right type of actor for action? I think he's perfect, but that could be looking back after the fact.
Iron Man: comic book movie, same thing.
Liam Neesan is badass.
People will go see just about any big movie with a threat of earthly destruction, as long as it doesn't completely suck. I also don't think that anyone looked at Will Smith like he was a pussy.
Keanu I totally agree with you. Crazy casting decision at the time, but damn, it turned out to be perfect. It turned out to be the role he was born for. This is your best case, in my opinion.
And Didn't Domino bomb anyway?

Basically, I just can't see Jake Gyllenhall as anything more than a pussy little bitch. That's what he plays in just about every movie. Donnie Darko, Jarhead, Zodiac etc.. he plays a bitch. I can't see him kicking ass or killing people. At least Keanu had Speed that was a successful action movie. I could be totally wrong, but even the thought of him as a tough guy makes me laugh.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

And his long hair makes me think he's John Stamos.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

he looks just fine as an action hero judging by the trailer