Trailer: Bridesmaids

This is the place for all movie-related videos. From new trailers, to behind the scenes footage and interviews.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Trailer: Bridesmaids

Post by Buscemi »

Some of the jokes in the trailer fall very flat (seriously, three consecutive jokes about if the main character is dating someone?) but I'll give it a chance since it's directed by the creator of Freaks and Geeks.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: Trailer: Bridesmaids

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I think this looks great. This may be huge, an Apatow film for chicks....girls will bring their b/f's to it.

And anything with Ellie Kemper is anything I'll see.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Keep in mind that just a week earlier, Something Borrowed and Jumping The Broom (with basically the same concept) open. And then a week later, Pirates of the Caribbean opens (Johnny Depp can bring them in when he's the lead, The Tourist flopped partly because he wasn't the lead). So this film could actually split its audience due to competition.

Also, the few attempts at making a female-oriented raunchy type of comedy have failed at the box office (case in point, The Sweetest Thing). And often, chick flicks that pander to male audiences don't work (due to audiences not knowing who the film is really for, this is also why Sucker Punch will flop).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I don't think this panders to the male audience at all, it just happens to be a chick flick with a dirty sense of humor.

And yeah, 3 wedding movies in 2 weeks is not good.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife