Uncharted to Star Mark Wahlberg

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Uncharted to Star Mark Wahlberg

Post by W »

It's sequel had been dubbed the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" of video games, so the original Uncharted and its sequel should make for interesting films if adapted well. I've beat the first game and seen people play the second one and the adventure, story, stunts, and characters would be pretty awesome. If they touch anything, they should completely change the ending because it takes a great treasure hunting adventure and turns it into Resident Evil: Nazi Edition.

I have a feeling that Wahlberg will screw it up. Hopefully everyone in Hollywood has learned from the mistake that was Max Payne. This thing could be a tentpole with built in sequels if handled correctly.

For anyone that wants to know a synopsis: Treasure hunter Nathan Drake finds a map from his ancestor, Sir Francis Drake, which leads to a treasure and he hooks up with a journalist/documentarian for use of her boat or plane (if I remember right). While he goes from place to place piecing clues together, some other treasure hunters are after him. He also used to be an acrobat, so he's able to jump from place to place.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: Uncharted to Star Mark Wahlberg

Post by Buscemi »

I've never even heard of this game. Is this some obscure product that Uwe Boll bought cheaply so that the product would remain unknown?

What's next, Daikatana: The Movie?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It was only IGN's PS3 GotY, but It's sequel won many Game of the Year awards last year including Spike, IGN, and other small places as well as Metacritic's best critically reviewed game. It's sold almost 4 million copies now and is the #3 most sold game ever on PS3 (the first one is #9). That's between $275 and $350 million for the pair. The graphics, story, characters, gameplay, detail, and voice acting would put it on a level with any animated film, let alone video game.

In short, no it's not "some obscure product that Uwe Boll bought cheaply so that the product would remain unknown?"... It's a major, major game series that could spawn a major, major film series. Could it be handled wrong? Sure. Anything can. But an Academy Award nominee and the guy that directed/wrote Three Kings and directed The Fighter sure help.

Tell me this doesn't look like a trailer for a blockbuster film:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUPAyGWKd6c&NR=1[/youtube]

Oh yeah... DeNiro and Pesci might be Wahlberg's dad and uncle (which strays from the storyline, but could still work).
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Looks like 800 other games put together (such as GoldenEye, Modern Warfare, Prince of Persia and Team Fortress) in a blender and then consumed and digested by Jerry Bruckheimer. It will most likely fall under the "Video Game Movies Suck" curse.

But if I were to suggest actors, I'd suggest Bruce Campbell for the lead.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr