EW's Greatest Film/TV Characters Created in the Last 20Years

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

EW's Greatest Film/TV Characters Created in the Last 20Years

Post by W »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/20 ... n-20-years

I don't disagree with Homer being #1, but when The Joker is #5, you know that this list has lost all credibility. Someone should tell them that A) The Joker wasn't created for TV and B) he's been here a lot longer than 20 years. Also, The Simpsons is over 20 years old especially if you count that they were on The Tracy Ullman Show in 1987.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

W
Norman Bates

Re: EW's Greatest Film/TV Characters Created in the Last 20Years

Post by W »

Heck, Hannibal Lecter is over 20 years old too.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

And Harry Potter? I've actually found him to be a bland character, at least in the films. He reacts to what's around him as opposed to having much of a personality. He's a vessel for the fantasy story. And speaking of bland characters... Rachel in friends? At least chandler was funny. And Edward Scissorhands? I think the people who compiled this list can't tell the different from a godo character and a show/movie they like.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

It's Entertainment Weekly so what do you expect? The magazine is just a bunch of Hollywood hipsters paid by the studios to say good things about their product.

And they gave positive reviews to Date Movie, Epic Movie and Disaster Movie so they can't be trusted.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Wasn't the list created from a public survey by EW? Therefore I don't think it had anything to do with the 'Hollywood hipsters'. Having said that it does explain why such dull characters were picked, as it seems that the characters picked are generally just the most famous characters of the last twenty years more than anything. Imagine the average citizen being asked on the street who their favourite character from a tv show over the last twenty years have been? I could guaranntee most women would say either Rachael from Friends or Carrie Bradshaw.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I thought everyone liked Joey and Phoebe. There should be Peter Griffin or Stewie up there.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

yea, I would pick pheobe over rachel. and where's Jack Sparrow?

frendo
Marty McFly

Post by frendo »

I wouldn't even consider Harry Potter a TV/Movie character as much as a book character. Buffy is a great pick though.