Movie Website Rating

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Movie Website Rating

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Just a quick one. Looking for good movie reading online...

Im not seeing much from old favs imdb.com or rottentomatoes, what else is there? Letterbox i know of but never clicked, I have perused Reddit but its a very immature. Not even gonna venture into Fb or tiktok, so really, where to go for good reads online? Besides here ofc...
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Movie Website Rating

Post by Buscemi2 »

With Reddit, there are some good subs but I have to agree that their movie subs are awful. r/movies is a bunch of angry white guys who love angry white guy movies and still insist Kevin Spacey isn't a pedophile while r/badmovies was fun for a while before said angry white guys took it over and began spotlighting movies that aren't actually bad. And r/criterion is angry white guys who insist The House That Jack Built is an underappreciated masterpiece and will downvote you to oblivion for suggesting otherwise.

As a whole, I ignore much of modern film criticism. Even since Ain't it Cool News hit its peak, it's just turned into "how much will the studio pay us for their positive review" while film theory feels like yet another "A24 is unstoppable" opinion piece.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: Movie Website Rating

Post by transformers2 »

In terms of a forum with lengthy discussions, I have no clue. Toxicity usually occupies those spaces and I have no interest in engaging in relentlessly argumentative bullshit at this point in my life. If you're just looking for a place to read some takes and rate/catalog movies, Letterboxed and RateYourMusic are good places to do so.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!