Festivals 2020

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Festivals 2020

Post by numbersix »

Well, there ain't none. And the cancelling of music festivals across the rest of the year makes it quite possible there will be no film festivals too.

In the meantime, Cannes announced their official selection: https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/info ... -selection

Quite a few I would have loved to have seen.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Re: Festivals 2020

Post by JohnErle »

I've been getting notifications that the Vancouver Film Festival will be holding some kind of streaming festival this fall, which is better than nothing I guess, but probably not something I'll participate in.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

That's a shame. The problem with streaming fests is that the bigger films won't participate as they're afraid of piracy. So you're going to end up with the smaller films that have no distribution or films that have already at the end of their festival run and will be out soon.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Also, my first thought when I saw that Cannes lineup earlier this week was Sparks fanboy outrage that there was no Annette!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I remember that YouTube had that streaming festival recently but it was mostly things that had already been released a few years earlier.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.