Black List 2019

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Black List 2019

Post by Buscemi2 »

With a lot less biopics that will never get made!

https://deadline.com/2019/12/black-list ... 202810439/
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Black List 2019

Post by numbersix »

This list only has weight if you thinks agents have any taste whatsoever. Which they don't.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

It's always worth talking about though. Sure, a lot of the movies either will only exist on paper or will be get made and be terrible but there has to be a few good ones. For example, I'd love to see the euthanasia comedy get made. It sounds like Where's Poppa? or Little Murders updated to present day.

Meanwhile, I have to wonder if that Barron Trump one is the Lax Mandis (apparently the worst script to ever get on the list) entry this year, as it seems like it was put on more to get reaction from Hollywood people. Too many legal and social issues would kill it if it were to be made.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

numbersix wrote:This list only has weight if you thinks agents have any taste whatsoever. Which they don't.
That must be why I could never get one.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Buscemi2 wrote:It's always worth talking about though. Sure, a lot of the movies either will only exist on paper or will be get made and be terrible but there has to be a few good ones. For example, I'd love to see the euthanasia comedy get made. It sounds like Where's Poppa? or Little Murders updated to present day.

Meanwhile, I have to wonder if that Barron Trump one is the Lax Mandis (apparently the worst script to ever get on the list) entry this year, as it seems like it was put on more to get reaction from Hollywood people. Too many legal and social issues would kill it if it were to be made.
I dunno, if they can make things like That's My Bush, I don't know why this couldn't be done too
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

That's My Bush was Trey Parker and Matt Stone, who live for controversy and had Comedy Central backing them (also, that show was pre-9/11 and in an era where satire wasn't about being worried that someone was going to sue you or finding it out that it's too close to reality). I'm not sure anyone attached to the Barron Trump movie would want to face the ire of those who can't take criticism.